Bust a gut bro.

Started by gstours, February 01, 2023, 01:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Ok,  its a redo of a fun time i had with my brother who lives nearby.  Even though he has two boats he reely doesent go fishing often, often skipping a couple of years tears out my heart, as he wont part with either and it is what it is..... n occasionly we fish togather and always have a chat fest.  and snacks! :D
  We were anchoredin a usual haunt, the tides were good, after a while some small fish moved in to check us out.  We were both fishing bait, herring and a had a pink salmon to filet for bait.   I hoped the big mama might take the larger bait, the salmon head..... Viola.   I felt like lady luck was giving me a smooch when the bros rod went down hard...... Watch n see....   Thanks.

alantani

i dunno, gary.  that open knife had me a little worried.  ???
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

54bullseye

Beautiful Fish !!!!!   John Taylor

David Hall

Lately all the you tube videos I open I just get audio and a green screen?  :d

gstours

I,m no computer savy,,  Dave if you get green screen it moght be a rough see (sea) condition flashback?   ^-^     I could send you a p link w the u-tube address butt i dunno if itss the same thing?   Be safe, and fish when you can,  Everybody. >:D

handi2

I've watched commercial fishermen catch these fish but they just use a fish bat once and it's over with
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

gstours

Thanks Keith,  every body does things for their own reason//needs....  we are sport fisherman have more time to bleed the fish usually before its killed,  the reasoning id to let the heart and muscles evact the blood out of the presserized mass of thin walled blood vessels,   this is thought to make a better product in the filet and processing of the fish.
  Sometimes the fish has to be brought onboard immetially, After killing the fish it should be immetially bled,  maybe from the front and back....  Yes its another step, and unsightly, tourisim sucks.
  Some have said after the brain is dead (killed) the heart stopps the blood pressure and the pressure is reduced dramitically ,  its a practice i have adoped, word?  Nothing makes the fish better with thr blood in when processing that day........I dont know about the processing of the fish two or 5 days after......
  The better a person takes care of the food they have gathered, the better the food will be,  for taste, flavor and in keeping it processed for a future day........ :d

MarkT

Viola, is that your name for Lady Luck?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

quabbin boy 62

my arms are tired from watching :)  thanks for bringin us aboard, cap'n!