What is this ?

Started by Maxed Out, February 05, 2023, 04:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Posting for Broadway Dom. I'm not a Newell guy, but this isn't anything I've seen before
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

Thanks Ted.  I just found this on Ebay, and while I'm not a Newell guy I do keep my eyes open for things that stick out and this was one of them. I've never seen one before, and would like some info on it as I don't believe it's too common. It is light as a feather and quite frankly the lightest reel stand I've ever felt.  It is clearly new or it would have some marks on it.  The chrome and metal are both very thin.  It's imprinted with, "Newell" and "Model 4/0"
Thanks in advance, that's all I got.
Best,
Dom

Swami805

There's a guy who's been been doing that to Newell parts on eBay. Strips the black off and chromes them.  Does a decent job but I don't know how well they'll hold up. Here's a set on a clear Newell 220
Do what you can with that you have where you are

broadway

Thanks for the quick reply Sheridan.  I have a black set on a jig master and these are lighter/thinner material than those.  Are the 113H newell (black) after markets lighter than the jig master?
I was thinking they were something special, but if they're just after market chromed it's getting used instead of collected.
Much appreciated,
Dom

Swami805

The seller is hotfishflo? If so the s
Parts I got from him were legit reconditioned Newell parts chromed.  I don't know how well they'd hold up. I've bought other Newell stuff from him
Do what you can with that you have where you are

broadway

Thank you sir!
Goes to show what I know about Newell stuff, NOTHING ???
Best,
Dom