Pflueger 1050 Sea Star- Anti reverse pin worn. How to replace?

Started by Fishgolfman, November 09, 2023, 12:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishgolfman

Can't find schematic. The antireverse pin is worn out. Pictures show a pin which I don't understand how its connected?? Lever is spring loaded. The pin in up position catches a hole in back of gear to give it anti reverse . In down free wheeling. Nice little reel

sandbar

sandbar

sandbar

Midway Tommy

Quote from: sandbar on November 11, 2023, 08:18:38 PM2nd Chance Tackle has a youtube video on it.

Yeah, but like always, he doesn't get into the A/R technicalities on it. Most of the time he doesn't explore the drag stacks if they're clipped into the spool, either.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Fishgolfman

Since i need to add to the pin. I decided to smooth out the anti- reverse pin. Then drill a hole starting with 1/16 working my way to 3/32 into the pin. Then i added a filed and fitted filster type screw head to fit into the anti reverse hole with jb weld to hold it. Will send pictures of finished new pin!

Fishgolfman

Agree on 2nd chance. Never really goes into intricate reel details. Just wd40 cleaning and grease.

Fishgolfman

happyhooker

Nice post.  Love to see those old-timey kind of reels being saved & worked on.  Yeah, sometimes you gotta use your imagination to get a fix going.

Frank

Midway Tommy

I have a never used Pflueger Sea Star 1050 NIB that still has the retaining strap holding in place in the box. When I got it I decided that I would leave it strapped in place a not molest or service it.  ;D It's pretty cool seeing as it came frome the factory/distributor.  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)