Everol 12/20 Waterproof Series (Older Version)

Started by TheReelShop, March 25, 2023, 04:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReelShop

Good afternoon everyone, Hope all are well.

So I have this Everol 12/20 reel that I received to service. Upon inspection, the preset Allen screw was bent, and I replaced it. The handle was bent as well, so I took it apart and straightened it out.
I have completed the reel, assembled it and it functions 100%. The problem is these gears are LOUD. I have looked at the gears and there is wear, but I have never had a reel be this loud. There is play that when you hold the reel to "fish" the sleeve part of the gear moves up and down(lateral play as well, but I know this is normal). I don't know if the bent handle had anything to do with this.

Any input is appreciated

JasonGotaProblem

I have 2 of these if you need me to compare anything.

Are you sure it's not the very loud AR that you're hearing? I don't hear my gears at all but the double dogged super chunky AR screams.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

TheReelShop

When I called Everol, they mentioned the same thing you did, if it was the AR. The thing is that when you turn the handle, you can really feel the vibration in your hand. I removed the AR along with the sideplate, placed the spool into the handle side in an upright position and I could hear and feel what I believe is the gear. The moment you turn the handle WITHOUT the pinion, its quiet, the vibration is not there. I was able to spool up the reel and it was very LOUD!.. I did return the reel back and despite me telling them, they found it fine, so up to a point It might be "normal". I might have to try a new Everol in my hand to see

JasonGotaProblem

When I got mine spooled the fellow at the shop muttered something about throwing me overboard if I tried to fish from his boat with anything that loud.

...I took it as a compliment. That's the sound of rugged durability.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

TheReelShop

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 27, 2023, 03:17:02 PMWhen I got mine spooled the fellow at the shop muttered something about throwing me overboard if I tried to fish from his boat with anything that loud.

...I took it as a compliment. That's the sound of rugged durability.

LMFAO, ok that makes me feel at ease then. good stuff then, and thank you Jason for the input! Don't get thrown overboard though.