Puerto Vallarta, March 16-20, 2023 - Third time is a charm!

Started by alantani, March 16, 2023, 03:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Everyone on the boat quit fishing to watch Bill having fun, several of us "helped" by making some of the worse tangles I have ever seen.  I cut my line to get out of the way.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall

We had a few of those tangles on this trip and cut more than one to free up a fish.  Its what you do.  These fish are hard to come by, hard to hook and even harder to land. If someone has one hanging you throw our own weight into his battle and support him.  I had almost as much fun watching as I did catching.  :d

Wally15

Quote from: David Hall on March 25, 2023, 08:45:49 PMWe had a few of those tangles on this trip and cut more than one to free up a fish.  Its what you do.  These fish are hard to come by, hard to hook and even harder to land. If someone has one hanging you throw our own weight into his battle and support him.  I had almost as much fun watching as I did catching.  :d
The support and encouragement you get from the other fisherman on these AT trips, whether it's 4 fishermen on the Marla IV, 6 on the NTNC, or 24 on the SoA, is what separates Alan's trips from other long range trips I've been on. At 70+ years old, I need all the help I can get landing a decent fish. I've been on other LR trips where "rail etiquette" was almost nonexistent and combat fishing was the order of the day.
I am now afflicted with the dreaded "Curse of the Supercow". On my 2nd Marla's trip back in 2017 I caught the YFT of a lifetime, almost 350#'s. In 7 subsequent trips I've caught 2 tuna around 100 #'s each, about 1/2 dozen schoolies, a nice sailfish and a nice marlin. And some decent bottom fish. And the curse carries over to the other fishermen as well. Anyone know an exorcist or shaman that can cure this malady? My Covid booster didn't seem to help.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Wally15

What happened to Scotty's "stolen" truck from our February fiasco?????
Did his bail $ get refunded?
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

scotty still has not gotten his truck back.  there is a possibility that it actually was stolen.  if that's the case, sotty might just have to take the loss.  roberto indicated that scotty got a pretty good deal when he bought it.  maybe the deal was too good to be true. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!