Anyone have an S332-5 Graphite Frame?

Started by stoked4fishin, March 27, 2023, 02:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoked4fishin

Well it figures.  I had purchased a Newell S332-5 a number of years ago, and only performed basic cleaning/maintenance.  I decided to do a complete service to prepare for the upcoming season, and even remove the long bolts that go through the frame/support bars to clean/lubricate them.  Unfortunately, they were very badly corroded and broke off when I was removing them.  I had sprayed some Corrosion X into the support bar areas to try to help the process, but to no avail.

So, I am now in the market for a replacement frame.

Thanks

Jeff

Swami805

I Have graphite base and bars that are threaded if that's what you're thinking. If those will work let me know
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Hamachi

Tiburon has a one piece frame for 332 Newell for sale.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Jeff, I have a couple of affordable frames that will fit your 332.  Please PM me if either of these might work for you.

Thanks,

RandyScreenshot_20230328_193133_Messenger.jpg

Rancanfish

Hi Randy.  That's interesting, that is the same frame that the 501 uses? Same screw pattern if so, huh?

You never stop learning.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Swami805

Yes the Penn 99 and 332 newell are the same size and the screw pattern is the same. I like the accurate frames s little better because the foot is a machined part of the frame not a separate piece

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Swami805 on March 29, 2023, 05:42:36 AMYes the Penn 99 and 332 newell are the same size and the screw pattern is the same. I like the accurate frames s little better because the foot is a machined part of the frame not a separate piece

Sheridan, i know that the base screw pattern is the same for the Jigmaster seriesand the Newell 300 series, and I know that the screw pattern for the bars is the same, but I think that the location of the bars in relation to the base may not be the same, because there are two different sets of holes for the bars in the aluminum frames.

thorhammer

Maybe to accommodate a variety of reels? IE, 500S and 500 have different hole patterns, and I think the LB 259 does too. I recall the Tib frame fits 259, 250 and 500.

Swami805

The hole patterns for different reels but the all seem to work. They even have that divet for the quick take apart screw on the penns

Hamachi

Hey Jeff, I gotta good almost new, s-332f if you wants borrow it . Let me know
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

stoked4fishin

Quote from: Hamachi on March 31, 2023, 07:11:07 AMHey Jeff, I gotta good almost new, s-332f if you wants borrow it . Let me know

Thanks Warren.  No reel ( 8) ) need.  I'm just working on reviving this one.

stoked4fishin

Quote from: Swami805 on March 27, 2023, 02:47:31 AMI Have graphite base and bars that are threaded if that's what you're thinking. If those will work let me know

Hi Swami.  I would certainly be interested in the parts.  Can you message me with the details?
Jeff

Swami805

Stunner

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 29, 2023, 02:34:02 AMJeff, I have a couple of affordable frames that will fit your 332.  Please PM me if either of these might work for you.

Thanks,

RandyScreenshot_20230328_193133_Messenger.jpg

Do you have a frame for a Newell 338 reel?

Rancanfish

Contact him directly, not tagged on to an existing topic if you want a bit better luck.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.