Hello Mr. Salmon

Started by gstours, March 30, 2023, 07:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here,s a short clip that may spark up some interest if you enjoy fishing for King salmon.
   See whay you think.   Up here we might fish gear that is different,  trolling the shoreline for the feeders might be just another way to catch a stray salmon off guard?      :fish

Gfish

Beautiful salmon! I like your selection of musical accompaniment, too.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

Hi Gary thanks for showing us some of the gear you were using, looks like you had a bit of srimp, or prawn on the hook, also with landing nets, if they have alloy  handles, its best to get the fish in the net, then point the handle straight up towards the sky, & lift the fish out of the water, less chance of bending the handle that way, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

gstours

Tanks for the audio admiration, n live is not as tv.d ......wish u were there.  Lift to da sky!...... :d

Ron Jones

Those reels are a whole lot of fun. That ol boy wasn't interested in dieing for some reason?
Tasty
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Lunker Larry

What is the purpose of using a knuckle buster reel?
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

gstours

Thanks for your reply's.   The mooching reel is direct drive.  Like old things that have been proven to be reliable can even be more fun.   Rarely do I use a multiplier reel for salmon.  For a half century it's my best tool.
  You can pick up line when needed with out adjusting the drag....  The drag is always adjusted in independents.   By being an under the rod reel there is No rolling like in the casting reels.  Like with the spiral wrap rod with out spinning reel.  Even with the lightest rods the line can't rub on the blank.  It's a different sensation..
  Lastly it's more fun to fight the fish with .................. :cf

David Hall

dont know why but all I get is a green screen when I try to watch? Was really looking forward to this video too, since we have no season here this year.
found a work around and got to enjoy watching the catch!
Great video, beautiful chrome King.

Lunker Larry

Quote from: gstours on April 01, 2023, 04:51:13 PMThanks for your reply's.   The mooching reel is direct drive.  Like old things that have been proven to be reliable can even be more fun.   Rarely do I use a multiplier reel for salmon.  For a half century it's my best tool.
  You can pick up line when needed with out adjusting the drag....  The drag is always adjusted in independents.   By being an under the rod reel there is No rolling like in the casting reels.  Like with the spiral wrap rod with out spinning reel.  Even with the lightest rods the line can't rub on the blank.  It's a different sensation..
  Lastly it's more fun to fight the fish with .................. :cf
Thanks. So I guess basically it puts the "Sport" back in sport fishing along with the other things 😆😀
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?