Okuma CD65, anti reverse problem

Started by Brewskey, February 27, 2012, 02:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewskey

Hey guys,

I just rebuilt my Okuma Coronado CD65 baitfeeder and now it is as smooth as the day I bought it 10+ years ago. But, after getting it put back together the anti reverse only works sometimes.  I'm stumped, I'm sure its something to do with the one way bearing but I'm not sure how to correct it. Any ideas?

redsetta

G'day Pirogue,
Is the AR bearing clean, free of grease etc and lubed with a light oil, such as ReelX or similar?
Any grit or grease in the mechanism will cause this.
If it's clean etc, it may not be engaging/disengaging fully.
Is the AR lever under the spool correctly aligned, moving smoothly and fully actuating against the bearing?
I believe they've got a big old-school AR bearing like a BTR6500B, so you may be able to fully dismantle it. I wouldn't jump into that lightly, though - lots of little parts that are easily damaged and/or lost.
The bearing may also just be 'toast'...
Let us know how you get on.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Brewskey

Thanks for the response Redsetta,
  The AR bearing is clean as a whistle and lubed with Corrosion X. Seems like its not engaging or partially engaging if that makes any sense. Sometimes it works fine and other times there is no AR at all. It was working fine before I stripped the reel for cleaning/lubing so it must be something I've done to it.... ;)

Thanks again!
Mike

Bryan Young

As I recall, the ARB has a couple of springs that help keep it aligned.  You may want to try to reassemble it.  I made the mistake in disassembling mine and took me a hour to get everything all aligned with the springs and all.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brewskey

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 27, 2012, 08:47:49 AM
As I recall, the ARB has a couple of springs that help keep it aligned.  You may want to try to reassemble it.  I made the mistake in disassembling mine and took me a hour to get everything all aligned with the springs and all.

I think you are right Bryan. I'll have to play with that bearing some more to see whats going on with it. I'm sure its something simple, probably with the springs, that I'm overlooking.

cavalier

Hi,

I am facing a similar problem with my Coronado CD80a. The ARB is not working & the reel moves freely in both directions even after shifting the lever. There is a tiny spring next to the bearing to pull back the ARB mechanism on moving the lever,any suggestions on assembly. I had greased the bearing rollers, guess I will have to clean them again & lightly oil them. Any pics would be a bonus
Regards
Cavalier