Embassodor 7000 C

Started by mahalalololo, March 02, 2012, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahalalololo

I took the reel to Nearest Sport Shop and I did not but the housing where the steel pins is, was placed wrong way around. I just placed it in other way around and whala. The reel was stiff and was squeeking too much. I oiled the guy and all in order. The only problem is:"What will happen if I put line on?? Will it widen too much until it break???" There is a lot to learn here. Unfortunately I have inly one Brown Bush left hope I can use something else??
Mahala

Bryan Young

Mahala,

First, welcome.  Glad you found us.

I've found this tutorial on another sight.  Here's the link:  www.realsreels.com/servicing/Ambassadeur%207000C%20Service.pdf

I'm not sure if I understand your question so let me try to explain how I understand it.

You have a 7000C and am worried that if you put line on, the spool will break?  Is there something wrong with the spool?

Assuming that the spool is fine, if you wind on line too tight (mono), the pressure from the elasticity may push the sides of the spool out and warp the spool.  Otherwise, you should be fine.

I hope this answers your question.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mahalalololo

Glad you posted. I have been involved with Penn reels since I was very small. Around 6 or 7 years. Most of my early, early days I saw my Daddy fish with Jigmaster and Penn 85. If collegues at work or where-ever want to get rid of Fishing stuff they ask me to handle their problem. i got Emb 7000 from someone but could not believe that a spool can actually widen when Line is rolled onto it. I again and again opened the reel. Removed the sideplated. Greased and oiled moving Parts. I then put .50/14 ponds line onto the reel. i founded that if you use the guide controlmeganism there is a different feeding. and although it is not tested I can tell that the drag should hold at least 10kg strain. When I checked the spool I noticed that there is 2 grooves in it(nicely cut). This spool seems to be able to widen to a minimum extent. When I clipped in the ratched I saw that it pushed the spool little to the drag side. Then I removed the spool. Now it seems that on that side opposite to ratchet there is a strange scratch marchs on the side of the spool. The theory exist that the line could have been well below .35 and maybe went in the side. A knife was pushed in the side to remove line. This is why the reel cuts of line on the side. Even so a overwind can cause the line to pull pass the bad scratched spool and cab cause problems. I will see if I can get a other spool. But will investigate opsions. By throwing in the line and to observe will reveal what she is made of.

Thanks for the post will also remember your commrnts.
Mahala

Ken_D

Hello. Could you check your spool very closely where the walls meet the axle part. Early 7000 spools were pieced. The walls were threaded into the axle.

If this is you, you should be able to see the hairline between the walls and the axle, on both sides, about a quarter inch away. I cannot remember if the threads are LH, or RH. I've never undone one, only replaced a few, when the threads got stripped, making a gap like you advise, and not closing. 

A new spool is quite spendy, approaching 60.00.