TLD 15/30 with Speedmaster gears.

Started by Normslanding, October 07, 2019, 12:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normslanding

Hi all, Anyone know if the higher speed gears from a Speedmaster will fit in a TLD 15/30?

Cor

Quote from: Normslanding on October 07, 2019, 12:45:28 AM
Hi all, Anyone know if the higher speed gears from a Speedmaster will fit in a TLD 15/30?
They fit the 20/40 and as it is a similar reel I would say, yes.   
I have never done it as the 15/30 was never very popular here and I only ever knew one person who owned one, so no guarantee.

Let me know if they do please.
Cornelis

alantani

i don't, and i don't have a couple of reels to play with, but please let us know if it works!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Leerie18

They most certainly do fit. Just make sure you use a Speedmaster pinion gear as well.

With some pimping, this little reel casts superbly and is a pleasure to do land-based spinning with:

- Upgraded carbontex drag
- Bush to bearing upgrade in left sideplate
- Upgraded power handle
- Magged
- I use mono line on these reels with braid backing.

The big plus is that it is the lightest convenional spinning reel that I can work with, coming in at 19.6oz (including line). The narrow spool makes line lay on quick retrieve easy.
Some might view a drawback as, even with the 6.2:1 conversion, the retrieve rate at 36.6 inches per crank. My measurement for the Tranx 500HG comes in slightly quicker at 38.2 inches. But, it is so smooth, it really is not too much of an effort to get irons to swim how you need them to.

I love this little reel and have two fully kitted out. Although I have been using my Tranx's exclusively for the past season, I always have one in my bag!

LBG addict!

Normslanding