jigging master vs Everol vs Ducro

Started by kallitype, March 18, 2012, 01:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigtosser, steelfish, Jenx and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Black Pearl

kallitype

yup.  Came into a bit more $$ so will go for a different reel, one with anti-reverse pawl as well as a.r. bearing.
Vashon Island kayak angler

Black Pearl

Quote from: kallitype on April 03, 2012, 08:26:54 PM
yup.  Came into a bit more $$ so will go for a different reel, one with anti-reverse pawl as well as a.r. bearing.
Yeah, you were the guy who called me about the OMOTO SENTINEL left hand reel.

kallitype

yep, that's one of the reels I'm deliberating on!  One criterion of choice is weight---the Canyon is only 14 ounces sans line.  I;d like to keep it under 16 oz, as I'll be holding the reel for jigging and mooching, not using it in a holder.  Extreme drag is not necessary, 10# is enough for king salmon.  Do you know the price on the X-power lefty?  Does it come in blue?

Black Pearl

Quote from: kallitype on April 05, 2012, 02:20:45 AM
yep, that's one of the reels I'm deliberating on!  One criterion of choice is weight---the Canyon is only 14 ounces sans line.  I;d like to keep it under 16 oz, as I'll be holding the reel for jigging and mooching, not using it in a holder.  Extreme drag is not necessary, 10# is enough for king salmon.  Do you know the price on the X-power lefty?  Does it come in blue?
The SENTINEL is XPower. It is just a 2 speeds. It is not 16 ozs because of the thicker gears.

kallitype

Are any OMOto 16 oz or less?  Thanks for your help!!

Black Pearl

Quote from: kallitype on April 05, 2012, 03:35:05 PM
Are any OMOto 16 oz or less?  Thanks for your help!!
OMOTO VS 10 will be around 16oz, but you might have to get it from AU. You can also get the Atlas 200 (it is the same reel made by OMOTO as VS10).