tld 20/30 II

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 05:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer, day0ne, Swami805, Maxed Out, foakes, sandbar, Bryan Young, Mjg378, wailua boy, Keta, ourford, Cortez_Conversions, UKChris1, the rockfish ninja, CaptainRMF, Squidh90, Jenx, MexicanGulf, mikeferdinands, Steve V., broadway, Don Scheel, Donnyboat, jtwill98, rogan (+ 3 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

alantani

i have one tiburon frame left.  let me know if you are interested.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pinoy101

Quote from: alantani on July 06, 2017, 01:49:28 PM
i have one tiburon frame left.  let me know if you are interested.

hello S' Alan.

this newbie alan...  thanks again for accepting me... I have a 20 and 30  2 speed's and I've been reading the thread.. its so useful...

i'm just wondering how much are the tib frames?...

appreciate much if you can just message me..

thanks...

alan

alantani

normally $190.  i think i have one left that i'll sell for $150 plus shipping, but i have to FIND it first. 

erikpowell

Bula Bosso!
It's been awhile, I hope you and the Mrs. are well.

Did you ever find that TLD 20II Tiburon frame?

If you still have it it'd be a privilege to take it off your hands :)

Erik

alantani

are you sure?  if you really do want it, i'll ship it, but these are expensive as hell.  i looked and can't find the clamp, either, so i'll have to give you a penn clamp .  need your address again, but i can send it if you wish!  alan

erikpowell

Bula Bosso,
I just remembered you already talked me out of it once before  ;D ;D
Let me kick it around and come back to you.
Cheers!

steelfish

can someone tell me the bearing size of the pinion bearing of the TLD 30II

I have the size of the spool bearing and left side bearing on the shaft
7x14x5
7x17x5

but I want to avoid opening the reel just to get the measure of the pinion bearing ;D
The Baja Guy

erikpowell

Bula Steelfish

Servicing all your TLD's today?  ;D

Should be a 9x20x6

same as the Tyrnos

Cheers

steelfish

thanks Erick, my question was posted on last march 15th so, the reel is already fixed and fishing, but thanks anyway
The Baja Guy

LeperKuN

Quote from: alantani on January 14, 2018, 03:57:10 AM
are you sure?  if you really do want it, i'll ship it, but these are expensive as hell.  i looked and can't find the clamp, either, so i'll have to give you a penn clamp .  need your address again, but i can send it if you wish!  alan
Might be a long shot. I would like the frame! I would like to send you my reel to service too.
I never give up, only take breaks.

alantani

things here are a mess, but i should have a frame for you, also a handle, and would be happy to do the work.  please bear in mind that you will be spending as much or more than the reel is worth and you would never be able to sell it and recoup your money.  send a pm or email and we can talk more...... 

retiredandfishing

Just wanted to thank you Alan for this great tutorial.  I received 7 of these reels for servicing in my shop and after reading your tutorial servicing was a breeze. Especially the tip about the spring going "boeing" I was able to avoid that and the one about not messing with the gear cluster. 

Thanks again, Steve

alantani

you're welcomed.  check out the handle upgrades when you get a chance!!!!

WFTackle

Will Fish Tackle still has 20 and 30 frames in black and silver. Handles are available as well. Great info on the service Alan.

Will Fish Tackle
11954 Masters Ct
Auburn, CA
530 887 0839

Ask for Craig

monkutare

Alan, here's my modification of your handle knob.
I did it with a sandpaper barrel on my dremel.I like my thumb on the top of the handle. I kept messing with it til it felt right to me