TLD 10 Assembly

Started by Makule, March 13, 2012, 06:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Makule on March 14, 2012, 12:25:59 AM

Also, the free spool drags.  The bearings are lubed appropriately, but I wonder if the slotted hole on the left plate is too tight.  Suggestions?

Good to see you are almost there,well done. ;D It was the hole in the left plate that gave me all the trouble. See my previous "Reply#6" above.

Bryan Young

What are you doing with such a small reel Albert? ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Makule

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 14, 2012, 01:26:02 PM
What are you doing with such a small reel Albert? ;D

The truth is that I was at a pawn shop last week and was looking for an Abu 6501 or something similar to use for some light lure fishing.  There were none, but I saw this Shimano and when I tried to crank and adjust the drag, everything was stuck.  Cosmetically, it didn't seem too bad (little corrosion on the lever guide), but since is wasn't working, the guy told me $15.  The alantani got its grip on me so I decided to try it.  Now that it's working, I will probably try using it a bit, but don't really think it's what I need so it'll probably get sold.

Seems like the TLD 10 is not very common.  It's also made in Japan, not Malaysia like the newer, larger ones.  Called Shimano today (thanks to Alan for giving me the information) and ordered the part.  With some other parts for a customer's reel, the total was $15, so I figure I have about $18 into it.  Hopefully, I can sell it for more than that.  Don't recall seeing a TLD 10 on fleabay so don't know what the going price is.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

redsetta

I'd be interested, if you do decide to sell.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Makule

I'll let you guys know about it first before I sell it.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

wallacewt

hi irish, my free spool slows down if i over tighten the 2 gear clicker screws.
ive got maybe 30 seconds so i think ill leave it at that
also i have a fresh score mark on the spool.  side where the drag cover screws in
warps the frame(i think !)if i over tighten.
cheers

redsetta

G'day Wallace, there are a couple of shims under the click gear cover.
If you've upgraded the bellevilles, you'll need to pull one out to fix the binding.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

thank you justin,ill pull it apart today and let you know.i dont recall seeing any shims under there. lol!

wallacewt

3 shims under there.2 thin 1 thick. left the 2 thin out and could do the 2 screws up tight.i feel better now.thanks.    just got home from fishing off the jetty to try the tld5.(caught 7 not big.8kgs biggest)ok but not good enough.so i added 1 thin shim seems ideal now.freespool,binding,etc;its all just ducky.thanks fellas