What is everybody riding to the fish?

Started by dblply, March 16, 2012, 02:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Wow, you guys all have dream boats and mine is not even worthy to mention and I thought I had a dream boat prior to reading this thread. :o Now it's back to square one for me, but keep them pics coming please.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

coastal_dan

Ted - The one thing about dreams is we all have different ones!  Show what ya got!  Mine's made of plastic, haha!

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

STRIPER LOU

Hey Dan, its really not always about what you want but what you have and how you make it work for you!!!! I started with an 8' aluminum boat and I spent more time bailing water than fishing. We have a group of Yakers here in Ct that come up with some impressive catches. Some of them even fish at night!!!!
......................Lou

newfuturevintage

Quote from: coastal_dan on May 08, 2015, 01:04:20 PM
Ted - The one thing about dreams is we all have different ones!  Show what ya got!  Mine's made of plastic, haha!

You and me both:

AlasKen

I fish in south central Alaska.  About 7 years ago I built a 24' Tolman. It was my first and likely last boat I build.  It is a composite stitch and glue, epoxy and glass over plywood.  It was designed by a long time Alaskan boat builder that passed away last year.  Powered by a Suzuki 115. We regularly run 40 to 80 miles on a weekend.  It will sleep 2 for a long weekend.  It is designed as a family fishing boat with safety in mind.  We regularly take 6 adults and 2 kids.  It will fish 4 adults nicely and 5 if you don't mind close quarters.  Cuddy is about 7', cabin is 7', and fish deck is 7' with a 3' anchor well making up the 24' length.  8' beam. We really enjoy getting out in it.

jonnou

foakes

Beautiful job, Ken --

Looks like a very capable vessel for the Northern waters -- especially the ability to get inside when running out or back in rough seas.

That 4 stroke 115 should be fairly economical to run -- while offering a little speed/power against wind and swells -- particularly when the intervals are close.  What kind of fuel capacity on board?

Looks like it is well set up for fishing, too.

It never ceases to amaze me -- the sheer amount of folks on this Board with tremendous talents in many varied directions.  

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

AlasKen

I have a 62 gallon belly tank.  The little 115 will push it along at about 29 statute miles per hour with 4 on board.  Top speed we hit on calm water with 2 on board was 32 MPH.  Fuel economy is about 4 - 4.5 MPG depending on load.  My normal speed is 24 -26 MPH.  That is about as fast as my eyes can keep up, I am usually not in a hurry.  Of course my son likes to make sure that it is wide open. It works for us.  Ken

alantani

we've gotta get this guy to take us fishing!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

AlasKen

let me know when you are getting here.  I can always use pointers so I can do more catching and less fishing.  I probably have an old real you can use, once you fix it. (grin)  Ken

broschro

The big PaPa sails again.

broschro

Not sure why my pictures keep coming up side ways?

headlight

My boat Elaine out of the water this weekend for an annual engine service & general clean & tidy up, out for 2 days & was back in the marina Sunday morning 

headlight

Couple more pics

David Hall