What is everybody riding to the fish?

Started by dblply, March 16, 2012, 02:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SoCalAngler

Not trying to take a sale away from Randy, but Dom what size boat are you looking for? Something to keep slipped or on a trailer in Cabo or something trailerable here in the states?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Dominick on November 18, 2016, 11:22:51 PM
Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on November 18, 2016, 08:16:41 AM
For Sale Cheap!
Randy, what is the scoop on this boat.  Iwould like more info.  Dominick

Dominick,

It is a 21' X 8' Radon, manufactured by H & F in Bandon, Oregon in 1979.  I bought it last year.  It has two Mercruiser gas engines with Bravo outdrives.  It ran great the last time that I used it, but it has been sitting on its Custom Trail-Rite trailer, purchased new in 2008, in my driveway for six months since then.  I am used to diesel boats, and the thought of a gasoline explosion or fire scares me to death.  I had planned to remove the engines and install one big outboard with a kicker but I bought the boat before I had any idea how much those big outboards cost.

It has some great electronics, including a Furuno MFD 12 networked witha Furuno DFF1 Sounder with Furuno 1KW Transducer (this is a super powerful transducer which reads beautifully even at 100+ fathoms), a Furuno BBWGPS WAAS/GPS Receiver Antennae, and second Furuno DGPS GP-36 with NMEA0183 interface, two ICOM DSC radios, and old Raytheon R-21X radar with open array antenna.  It even has some unusual electronic signalling Scotty downriggers that have adjustable frequencies that supposedly are effective in targeting specific species.

I had the boat surveyed before I bought it, and I have attached a copy of that survey for you.  The hull is super heavy duty, as is typical with Radons.  As is also typical, some of the plywood in the foredeck and the house structure is going bad and will need to be repaired/replaced.  Some of the wiring is also a mess and should be redone, but the boat has "good bones" as Radons are known throughout the West Coast and Hawaii for their strength and seaworthiness.  I have never been on a boat of 50' or under that tracks as straight running downhill or quartering downhill in a steep afternoon slop as this one does.  It would make one hell of a nice day boat if someone wanted to put the money or time into it.  I am offering it at $14,750 for the boat, trailer and electronics.

Please take a look at the survey and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Randy

steelfish

Quote from: AlasKen on May 27, 2015, 06:20:12 AM
I fish in south central Alaska.  About 7 years ago I built a 24' Tolman. It was my first and likely last boat I build.  It is a composite stitch and glue, epoxy and glass over plywood.  It was designed by a long time Alaskan boat builder that passed away last year.  Powered by a Suzuki 115. We regularly run 40 to 80 miles on a weekend.  It will sleep 2 for a long weekend.  It is designed as a family fishing boat with safety in mind.  We regularly take 6 adults and 2 kids.  It will fish 4 adults nicely and 5 if you don't mind close quarters.  Cuddy is about 7', cabin is 7', and fish deck is 7' with a 3' anchor well making up the 24' length.  8' beam. We really enjoy getting out in it.

nice boat, this look like a panga with a big cabin on it, wondering how it will work in our local water with all those short waves bumpy waters
The Baja Guy