Paint Fill Internationals

Started by fishtacog, June 10, 2024, 01:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishtacog

Time for some arts and crafts. The paint fill on these Internationals was looking a little rough so I decided to break out the paint.
Before:
IMG_6914.jpeg
Pretty much the exact same process as filling in the lettering on golf clubs. You'll need enamel paint, a fine tipped paint brush, isopropyl alcohol, and cotton rounds.
IMG_6916.jpeg
I used Testors enamel in red for the preset knob and shift speed indicator on the handle. Testors flat black was used for the lettering. Prep the surface with isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs.
IMG_6889.jpeg
I took a fine tipped paint brush and filled the letters, you don't have to be very precise. A professional would probably use a squeeze bottle with a needle tip instead of the brush but even a tooth pick dipped in paint works.
IMG_6898.jpegIMG_6918.jpeg
Simply wipe the excess off with a cotton round soaked in isopropyl.
IMG_6892.jpeg
I removed the handle to paint the red band on the shift indicator (which was covered in fresh grease).
IMG_6887.jpeg
The only area that was a challenge was FREE STRIKE FULL as the debossed lettering was shallower. I had to let the paint dry for a few minutes before carefully wiping up the excess.
IMG_6924.jpeg
These reels certainly aren't perfect cosmetically but this touch up didn't hurt.
IMG_6923.jpeg

Midway Tommy

Turned out looking really nice!  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bill B

The lettering looks factory fresh. Good job.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

1badf350

Great job. Ive also done this with sharpie markers.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"