EMBASSADOR 7000, 6000

Started by mahalalololo, March 22, 2012, 03:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahalalololo

I have 7000 reel and see the Ratchet do not work properly to the running side but work fully to other side can I only Switch or spin around. I did not have problems with the in but if the Catfish grab my bait It will run to the other Side. help.
Mahalalo
:o

alantani

Quote from: mahalalololo on March 22, 2012, 03:55:36 PM
I have 7000 reel and see the Ratchet do not work properly to the running side but work fully to other side can I only Switch or spin around. I did not have problems with the in but if the Catfish grab my bait It will run to the other Side. help.
Mahalalo :o

ah, now in can read it.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ken_D

Hi. It will be the line pawl, and/or the worm that's yelping....The line pawl can be replaced with a ceramic one, ending most woes. For double the cost, you get ten times the life.

I'd flip the reel over, and use a rag or paper towel, to get the worm as clean as you can, for inspection. Look for brass showing through the chrome at either end, and a distortion of the cross-over tracks. If the worm is OK, then check the line pawl for excessive wear.

In rare cases, a tooth could be missing from the idler gear in the non-crank sideplate.  If the 7000 is present day "i" style, be cautious not to lose the tiny spring in the pawl keeper.