Accurate reels

Started by hibneth, May 29, 2009, 10:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hibneth

Alan,  I noticed that you don't have any tutorials on the Accurate reels and was wondering why.  I have used your Xtreme Reel technique on my Avets and Shimano reels and was amazed with the freespool time.  I just purchased two BX2-500's and noticed that their freespool time is only about 30 seconds. 

Any advice or thoughts?   Should I be concerned about the relatively low freespool time of 30 seconds vs. the almost 3 mins with the Avets?

Thanks,

Tom - MyTurn

alantani

well, because most guys can't afford them..... :-\

i personally own every two speed accurate, from the 197 to the 50.  great reels and, i think, the best available anywhere at any price.  a while back, a guy had made a comment about the photo of the full rack of accurates that i take on my long range trips.  he said, "well they're nice but they're not something that i could ever afford."  i really took his comments to heart.  since then, i have concentrated on more common entry level reels.  i want a guy to be able to take a cheaper reel, make some modifications, and take it out and have it perform to it's absolute limit.  i guess when i get the lower end reels done, i'll start working on the high end stuff.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!