My semi new job

Started by Keta, April 03, 2012, 12:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

It looks like my captain likes beating crippled old men and he asked me to deckhand for him during the upcoming halibut season.  As part of the "benefit package" I'll have a place to keep my boat on the coast for when I'm not "working".   With the tight economy bookings are slow but after the first 3 day opening things should pick up.  Albacore trips are not booking well yet but they should pick up in a month or so.

http://www.offshoreadventurescharter.com/

Making SS 113H and 114H anti reverse dogs and a few reel related "projects" will fill in my spare time this summer.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

redsetta

Sounds great Lee - should be a summer to remember.
Be good to see some pics and stories as the season progresses.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Norcal Pescador

If you go to the Offshore Adventures web site and click on "Albacore Tuna" under "Offshore Adventures", there's a guy in orange Grundens that looks just like Lee. What a coincidence! :D :D

If my Eureka halibut trip next month fizzles, I'll be up to see you Lee.
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

That was my one and only Oregon caught yellowtail.  I caught it in the morning after spending the night offshore and after the clients lost 3 of them and could not hook up?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Wow, now that's the type of boat anyone would love to be a decky.  Sounds like a Alan Tani Club trip in the making.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Quote from: norcal pescador on April 04, 2012, 01:33:02 AM
If you go to the Offshore Adventures web site and click on "Albacore Tuna" under "Offshore Adventures", there's a guy in orange Grundens that looks just like Lee. What a coincidence! :D :D

If my Eureka halibut trip next month fizzles, I'll be up to see you Lee.
Rob
Hey Rob:  If you are going let me know.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 04, 2012, 04:14:03 AM
Wow, now that's the type of boat anyone would love to be a decky.  Sounds like a Alan Tani Club trip in the making.

Sounds like the west coast warriors need to get together at Charleston. :)
Dominick, you can count on it!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

If I get my "reduced size" boat to C Bay for the season there is very good lingcod and rockfish fishing south of the jaws and hopefully the salmon will be within range, she fishes 3 people well.  Try to come up.

Mark Twain

broadway

Hey Lee,

Glad to hear you're gonna put some more salt in your blood.  Best of luck with the season, and keep those lines tight.  ;)
By the way, if you need to fill your summer up any more think about making the 112h dogs... no pressure, just saying ;)
Your jealous east coast friend,
Dom

Keta

112H and 500 dogs are on my list and I'll get them as soon as I get the 114H dogs going.  I dropped off 2 jars of canned smoked albacore at the cutter Tuesday.

Mark Twain

broadway

Sweet! That's good to hear cause I have a bunch of 112h's that are waiting to be hotrodded , too! ;)
Dom