ok, so i'm scared of the dark!

Started by alantani, June 11, 2009, 04:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

ever since i was a little kid. running for tuna at 4am can be just as bad. you never know what kind of monsters will jump out of the closet at 20 knots! i used the clamp from a perko rod holder to bolt on the head light. there was no room on the hard top, and i wouldn't want a light up there anyway. it would light up the entire bow.....

so i mounted a blue eye deck light on the bow rail using the clamp from the rod holder. i actually dumped the 400,000 candle bulb in favor of a 1.2 million candle bulb....

the electrical connection is a left over scotty downrigger plug that wired to one of the extra switches on the main panel.

so now i've got a head light. hey, sometimes it gets dark out there!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

From one night fisherman to another... sweet upgrade ;)
I love custom boat accessories that function and look good,
Dom

Dave Bentley

Well done.
1.2 mill candle power. You will be able to cook the fish before you get them out of the water, no good if you are a sushi eater.
Only believe that which you know to be true.

Nessie Hunter

Wont the light take a massive beating up there????   :'(
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

broadway

Ness,
    As long as it's ip67... he's good to go... if not, use it until it quits and hope it's not the first ride out  ;)
Dom

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: broadway on June 27, 2012, 02:41:49 AM
Ness,
   As long as it's ip67... he's good to go... if not, use it until it quits and hope it's not the first ride out  ;)
Dom

Had to look it up.....   ;D    ;D

That only says it relates to;
6 = Dust protection
7 = water immersion

I would be worried about the Shaking and slamming damage????
At 20 knots that could be a big problem???

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

naw, it's held up fine.  it's cheap, also.  had it for 6 years and noticed that the housing has a small crack in it.  i will get it replaced sometime later this year. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

Good...

I Have been on some 20+++ knot rides from Long beach to La jolla that have felt like my head cracked open... 
Not worried about my empty, hard Head.. 
Was worried about the lights!!   LOL
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

broadway

IP67 is what most of the VHF's are now a days so they can take a bangin' too.