Another 1+5 drag solution for smaller black Senators

Started by George4741, April 29, 2012, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Well, Since they are on a reel that can pull 55lbs of drag, that might not be a good idea. I'll just swap them for a better set.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 07, 2014, 09:53:32 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 07, 2014, 02:36:39 PM
The half frame has the injection molded plates. I didn't have any trouble with these. I could definitely tell when cutting for the second dog, that the injection mold is not near as tough. Should I send these back for the compression molded ones? That bulletin is 10 years old.
I believe someone else tried it in the past and couldn't get Penn to swap.
Some mentioned that they are just fine, I personally can't say that, simply because I don't have any.

After all i put my 4/0w with those injection plates through, i give them an A+
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

That's good to know Grayson. If they hold together with 50 lbs of Drag, I'll give them an A++.
In Penn's recall, they said there was complaints of the bridge screws backing out. I'll keep an eye on that.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Not knocking Bunnlevel Sharker, but don't go with one man's opinion. If Penn had a recall on those, you could rest assured that there was a problem.
I guess you will need to find out for yourself, I'm hoping yours will be ok. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I was going to swap the plates for the harder ones. I have an ad in the wanted section. Nothing yet.
I was just going to buy a set off ebay, but lo and behold, they are injection molded too!
At the minimum, I'll probably put them on A stock 114H.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Like Sal said, i coulda just got lucky  :-X i wonder why the bridge screws would back out
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

I don't know Grayson, but when I swap them, I'll put some blue Loctite on the ends of the bridge screws for insurance. I'd say that would do some serious damage if the screws backed out with a big fish on.
Life is Good!

broadway

Lee,
   Get those handles done so I can get them on my babies when I get back. ;)
Sal, said to fill my order before his. Oh, and he said to send him the bill, lol ;D
Thanks
Dom

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain