alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Reel Service though Alan Tani
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 15, 2019, 02:21:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reel Service though Alan Tani  (Read 22168 times)
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 08:05:25 AM »

contact bryan via pm or email.  i'm pretty swamped, again........   Undecided

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
ez2cdave
Sensei

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2019, 02:36:38 PM »

Note, we do not service spinners unless they are of the Penn SS and Z series.  Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Bryan,

Any particular reason why you guys don't service spinning reels? I understand that fishing styles over there are vastly differing from over here in Aus.

Best,

Andrew

Yes, it is 7 years later . . . !

Andrew,

I suspect that one of the main issues are Spinning Reels that disassemble into MORE THAN 100 parts, like the SHIMANO 6500B Baitrunner.

https://www.mikesreelrepair.com/content/schematics/Shimano_BTR6500B.pdf

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=994.0

Tight Lines !

Dave F.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 02:42:44 PM by ez2cdave » Logged
Keepitsimple

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2019, 04:56:26 PM »

Hi folks,

We have gotten many reel to service and often the reels come in boxes with no direction as to what needs or wants done to the reel.   Just so that if you are sending in a reel to us, we would like to know what you would like done, and how we can help if you have problem with the reel.  Therefore, I've put together a service/maintenance service for to be submitted with each reel.  You don't need to complete your name and address on every sheet, but please indicate what you would like done with each reel.  At least, this should help us to be on the same page as you are in terms of what you would like us to do.  Please download the form and complete it for each reel before sending it in to us.  Thank you.

If the reel is coming in for service, we will be greasing the sideplates and wiping off excess grease off.  Install greased carbon fiber drags if it doesn't have them already.  All spool bearings will be opened, cleaned with TSI301 (unless request informing us to pack spool bearings).  All non spool bearings will be packed with grease.  For lever drags, we will either shim the spool bearings and/or sleeve the spool bearings unless it already has a spool sleeve.  This is a minimum.  We  have had requests to do partal service on reels and we just don't feel comfortable with this, and therefore, collectively, between Alan, Jim, Jonathan, Roger, and myself, we will do a complete maintenance service on all reels sent in to us.  Bsides, we do this on 99% of the reels we get in.  Note, we do not service spinners unless they are of the Penn SS and Z series.  Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for trusting us with your pride and joy.  We will continue to do our best to make your reels better than new.
Bryan
ez2cdave
Sensei

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2019, 06:27:43 PM »

Any particular reason why you guys don't service spinning reels?

Andrew

Probably spinning reels like the SHIMANO 6500B Baitrunner that break down into more than 100 parts . . .

Tight Lines !

* SHIMANO 6500B BAITRUNNER - EXPLODED DRAWING.JPG (171.25 KB, 1204x862 - viewed 18 times.)
Keepitsimple

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2019, 08:02:08 PM »

Hi folks,

We have gotten many reel to service and often the reels come in boxes with no direction as to what needs or wants done to the reel.   Just so that if you are sending in a reel to us, we would like to know what you would like done, and how we can help if you have problem with the reel.  Therefore, I've put together a service/maintenance service for to be submitted with each reel.  You don't need to complete your name and address on every sheet, but please indicate what you would like done with each reel.  At least, this should help us to be on the same page as you are in terms of what you would like us to do.  Please download the form and complete it for each reel before sending it in to us.  Thank you.

If the reel is coming in for service, we will be greasing the sideplates and wiping off excess grease off.  Install greased carbon fiber drags if it doesn't have them already.  All spool bearings will be opened, cleaned with TSI301 (unless request informing us to pack spool bearings).  All non spool bearings will be packed with grease.  For lever drags, we will either shim the spool bearings and/or sleeve the spool bearings unless it already has a spool sleeve.  This is a minimum.  We  have had requests to do partal service on reels and we just don't feel comfortable with this, and therefore, collectively, between Alan, Jim, Jonathan, Roger, and myself, we will do a complete maintenance service on all reels sent in to us.  Bsides, we do this on 99% of the reels we get in.  Note, we do not service spinners unless they are of the Penn SS and Z series.  Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for trusting us with your pride and joy.  We will continue to do our best to make your reels better than new.
Bryan
Keepitsimple

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2019, 08:16:58 PM »

I am just getting into the long range game and interested in getting some reels serviced and possibly upgrades. Can you let me know best way to get repair form and how to send.

Dan
Jdough672@aol.com
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2019, 06:25:00 AM »

dan, i'll send you an email!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: