TLD15 - can't remove cooling shield

Started by Whiteman, July 20, 2009, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

septicsac

Got the cooling shields off using a rubber clamp and plenty of elbow grease ::)
Also got in touch with avet and they are sending out new bearing to me free of charge ;D

BigT

Quote from: Whiteman on July 21, 2009, 09:20:38 PM
Thanks. I have found the Australian distributor of the carbonex washers and he's not too far from me in Cairns (Australia that is). For any Aussies who stumble on this, go to this site ... http://jackerskine.com/index.html

G'day Whiteman,
I'm down on the  Gold Coast (sort of like the Miami of Australia to those reading from the USA ;D)

I can highly recommend getting bearings and drag components from Smoothdrag and Boca Bearings direct... Their customer service, speed and communication is a step up on anything I get from anywhere in Australia (sad to say).

Cheers, BigT
more of my rebuilds on
http://www.fishraider.com.au

Whiteman

Thanks BigT. I'm thrashing a Tyrnos 16 at the moment so the 15's take a back seat as floaters for Spaniards and Cobia for which they are doing a fine job (with upgraded drags - thanks again Alan).

MITCHBEGIN

took apart a new TLD 15 to lube it per instructions/video on this forum.   Put it back together but the main spoon will not engage.  seems to be in free spool all the time.

What did I do wrong except take it apart in the first place?

alantani

mitch, can you call me? 408-219-1149.  Alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Hi Alan,
I've done about a dozen TLDs and, from time to time, a little Inox runs out of the inner spool bearings during reassembly and dampens the canvas drag washer. I've always assumed this wasn't really an issue (my TLD15 seems to run fine, despite several rebuilds), but in the pursuit of perfection I'm now wondering if this is in fact an error. When you say these washers 'have to stay dry', do you mean 'completely'?
Thanks (and thanks for such a cracker site).
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

you'll know if it's a problem because the drags will stick.  if they're smooth, then stick to what you've been doing.  you're obviously doing it right!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!