New member in need of some help!

Started by Pinoyfisher, July 21, 2009, 11:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

What's up guys and possibly gals??

Me: Mike

Occupation: Cell Culture pays the bills, tackle guy for H&M gets me free trips ;)

Now on to my dilemma. I have a Shimano Cardiff 200 causing me some grief. When I go to put in freespool, the thumb bar goes down, but it doesn't engage. I also noticed that the thumb bar and the clutch bar guides (A&B) loose, especially cpmpared to when I got it brand new. I've taken off the right side plate and cleaned up and lubed the area, but it doesn't help. I know something needs replacing, but what?

alantani

here's the schematic....  http://fish.shimano.com/media/fishing/SAC/techdocs/en/Round_Baitcasting/05CDF200A_v1_m56577569830641872.pdf

the thumb bar (key #3307) should be plastic with a metal rod molded into the plastic.  the metal rod passes through the thumb bars (key #'s 3305 and 3306).  it is held together with a spacer washer (key #1337) and an e-clip (key #686).  if all the pieces are there and are loose, it is possible that the small metal rod molded into the thumb bar may have slipped.  you might be able to push it back into position.  if not, you may have to order a new thumb bar (key #3307).

as far as not disengaging the spool, this rod in the thumb bar (key #3307) pushes down on the clutch plate (key #2570).  when you install the right side plate assembly (key #3302) onto the frame (key #3304), the thumb bar (key #3307) has to be in the "up" position and the clutch plate (key #2570) has to be in the "down" position. 

now, this is the basic procedure when putting this back together.  you have probably go through all of this already, but we need to start here before we go any further.  so far, so good?  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!