Daiwa Sealine 27H Handle Issue

Started by El Pescador, June 19, 2012, 01:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Keta,

THANK  YOU for your generous milling offer, and I will PM you for your mailing address.

Brian, This in no way is an excuse NOT to have dinner at Dom's!
Book it Danno (Dom)!!!!!
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

alantani

wayne, you also might have room to file down the drive shaft so that the handle can slide a little farther down along the shaft and make more room for the handle nut.  from the photos, it looks possible.  it would probably be a better option.  a small flat file and a little patience should to the trick. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

El Pescador

Just looked at the tolerances when the star drag just begins to produce drag, and there is no room to file down the gear shaft to allow for the thicker Daiwa Power Handle.
Will send the handle to Keta for his milling services, and will post photos when he returns the handle.
Also, taking a reel apart, and putting it back together is satisfaction enough for me.  Remember, when I change out the spark plug on my lawn mower, I have a small box of left over parts!   
I'm a thinking guy, not a mechanical guy, but your reel repair website is SLOWLY moving me in that direction!!!!!!
Wayne

El Pescador

Houston...  we're back on line!!!

Keta (Lee) has performed his master level milling services on the Daiwa Convertible Power Handle and the milled recess for the handle nut could not have been better!
There is sufficient room to use a 6" adjustable wrench or a nut runner to tighten the handle nut.  Problem Solved!!
I very much appreciate Keta's offer and it was gladly accepted.  Very nice job, thank  you so much.
And Keta, you put this Daiwa Sealine 27H back in the SE Mode.
What???
What's the S....    E.....    Mode???

Salmon Extraction Mode.
See you out on the water, tight lines.

Wayne

wallacewt

LTM

Would it have been practical to shave 1mm off of the nut or find a nut thats not as thick?  I plan to get a couple of these handles, but will measure first to know what Im getting into.

Leo

Keta

The nut is about as thin as you would want it to be. 

I don't like breaking the procetive coating and think powder coating after the mill work would be  good idea.  I have an end mill to do this now.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

day0ne

It looks like it is machined for an e-clip like an abu, and the schematic lists a "handle nut retainer" which looks like an e-clip and isn't the cover. Granted you will have to get the nut lower to put it on but I didn't see it in your picture. Perhaps a thinner nut would work. I wouldn't want to weaken the handle.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter