BioShield.

Started by GF714, January 20, 2010, 02:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF714

Has anyone on this board ever used it and would anyone recommend it?  Where can it get some of it?  I googled it but i'm not sure it's the same stuff that i read on google.  I've read on other sites that they use it internal and external on their reels for corrosion protection, they say it protects the bare metal or graphite much better then grease (yamaha) and it's alot easier to clean up than the grease.  Thanks.

Russ57

You may be thinking of boeshield (T9) instead.  IIRC it was made for Beoing for landing gear protection.  It is a parrifin wax based product intended for long term storage and rust protection.

I have not used it on reels but I think it would be great.

kamuwela

Quote from: Russ57 on January 20, 2010, 05:15:11 PM
You may be thinking of boeshield (T9) instead.  IIRC it was made for Beoing for landing gear protection.  It is a parrifin wax based product intended for long term storage and rust protection.

I have not used it on reels but I think it would be great.
wax based sounds good for storage and long term protection, but i dont think it will do good for free spool times imho. aloha kamu

Jimmer

Sears has boeshield in the tool dept, it's expensive. Boeshield outside, grease and xtremereel+ inside. Boeshield goes on wet and dries to a tough, clear film. Double shaka on the penn 50 tutorial Kamu!
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

kamuwela

much mahalo jimmer

GF714

Thanks for the info. and advise guys, greatly appreciated.