alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial The new Abu Toro Reels
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
March 28, 2020, 04:18:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Abu Toro Reels  (Read 2280 times)
travelin4fun

« on: August 14, 2009, 04:20:24 PM »

Alan do you know anything about these new abu's.  I know your not real fond of the little reels,but this one comes stock with a drag of up to 22 lbs.  The line cap is 250 yards 14lb( thats alot of braid).  Here is the info on this reel.  Is this basicly the same reel as the other Revo's only with a larger capacity?

http://www.thefishingreels.com/inc/sdetail/15952

What do you think about this one.  It is a little pricey but they almost all are now days.  Is there one that you are particualy fond of, at this price or lower?  It's going on a 8' GLom. 20lb rig for live bait but's and stuff.  I want to keep it lite.

Thanks Alan

Greg  

http://www.thefishingreels.com/inc/sdetail/15952
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:33:09 AM by travelin4fun » Logged
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 01:57:30 PM »

these newer reels are all great!  in the ambassaduers, the drag carbon fiber drag washers still need to be greased, and the fiber washer underneath the main gear needs to be replaced with greased carbon fiber as well.  for the san francisco bay, the bearings should be opened, cleaned out, lubed and re-installed open.  other than that, they should be fine! 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: