Daiwa Sealine 600H Rebuild and Upgrade

Started by day0ne, July 06, 2012, 05:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

Oh, best of luck! Standing by for a report!
Central Florida

Joel.B

Well I know what I'll be doing to the 600h I just received.   This is great thread

madday

this is maybe sound stupid,
just to confirm, is that on the picture is daiwa's original metal washer can be used to make 5+1 stack?

i own 4 of this reel, and this kind of tuning is really great.... :D

Bryan Young

The posting shows the use of Penn 114H's metal drag washers.  I wasn't going to say anything because I don't line spouting my own horn...but I do have a concern about using Penn's 114H metal drag washers, particularly the keyed metal washers.  I have attached my photo of the comparison.

The last photo will show that the Penn 114H metal drag washer has a gap of about 2 mm.  Under higher drag pressures, they can and will grove into the gear sleeve, and you may experience a set drag because the drag washer will groove into the gear sleeve or even damage the gear sleeve. 

For this reason, I have created a drag kit of thinner stainless steel material where the keyed washer is from 0.25 to 0.5 mm larger than the gear sleeve itself to provide more contact area which will result in less chances of grooving into the gear sleeve, and therefore achieve greater drag numbers will less likelihood of damage to the gear sleeve.

By the way, Daiwa's stock metal washers are THICK and you cannot use them completely to create a 5 carbon fiber stack system in the main gear.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Nice post Bryan! I like the little text boxes. Nice touch. ;)
Life is Good!

madday

X2.... nice post bryan....
thanks for the enlightment....  ;)

day0ne

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 28, 2014, 08:25:07 AM
The posting shows the use of Penn 114H's metal drag washers.  I wasn't going to say anything because I don't line spouting my own horn...but I do have a concern about using Penn's 114H metal drag washers, particularly the keyed metal washers.  I have attached my photo of the comparison.

The last photo will show that the Penn 114H metal drag washer has a gap of about 2 mm.  Under higher drag pressures, they can and will grove into the gear sleeve, and you may experience a set drag because the drag washer will groove into the gear sleeve or even damage the gear sleeve. 

For this reason, I have created a drag kit of thinner stainless steel material where the keyed washer is from 0.25 to 0.5 mm larger than the gear sleeve itself to provide more contact area which will result in less chances of grooving into the gear sleeve, and therefore achieve greater drag numbers will less likelihood of damage to the gear sleeve.

By the way, Daiwa's stock metal washers are THICK and you cannot use them completely to create a 5 carbon fiber stack system in the main gear.

I mentioned the Penn washers because I had trouble finding the Daiwa washers, however, I found them and the reel was assembled with the Daiwa metal washers. Yes you can use them to create a 5+1 drag stack.  They work just fine. The only Penn washer was the HT-100 under the main gear. I also mentioned that the Penn washers had a slightly oversize hole and smaller ears.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

madday

Quote from: day0ne on March 01, 2014, 06:38:11 AM
I mentioned the Penn washers because I had trouble finding the Daiwa washers, however, I found them and the reel was assembled with the Daiwa metal washers. Yes you can use them to create a 5+1 drag stack.  They work just fine. The only Penn washer was the HT-100 under the main gear. I also mentioned that the Penn washers had a slightly oversize hole and smaller ears.

thanks for the insight...
so using addition 2 daiwa metal washers (keyed and eared) is no problem right? just use thinner carbon washer to compensate... then its fine.....  ???

Bryan Young

Quote from: madday on March 01, 2014, 09:09:09 AM
Quote from: day0ne on March 01, 2014, 06:38:11 AM

thanks for the insight...
so using addition 2 daiwa metal washers (keyed and eared) is no problem right? just use thinner carbon washer to compensate... then its fine.....  ???
that is possible but I nave not tried it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

maine guide

I am considering a 600h now that I just acquired two 900h's. Alan, do you have an upgraded drag kit for the 600h like you do for the 900h?  Thanks.

Bryan Young

I am currently out and am still awaiting the parts from the cutter.  I'm a small customer so I have to wait.

maine guide

jonnou

Just stripped mine Im sure I can 5+1 it with factory washers

Marquesas14

I've enjoyed this thread very much, it's helped me rebuild my dad's old 600h I found in the attic. I was hoping someone here could help me however. The only thing missing from the reel being perfect, are the badges/decals. I've called Daiwa and they told me no dice. I was hoping one of you fine gentlemen would know of another source?

Rancanfish

I'm no help M-14, but fish that bad boy.  Your Dad or the fish don't care how pretty it is.

I have a missing badge on one of mine but I try to ignore it.

Good luck, I hope you find it though.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.