handle upgrade - spinning reels

Started by alantani, August 13, 2009, 05:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

the new kolekar spinning reel grip (right) has a 0.375 inch diameter spindle instead the 0.5 inch spindle found on the 2/0 (left), the 4/0 and the 6/0 kolekar grips.  that way you can bolt this spinning reel grip onto a skinnier handle arm. 

the older 2/0 kolekar grip (left) is 3.25 inches tall and 1.25 inches in diameter.  the 4/0 kolekar grip (center) is 3.75 inches tall and 1.25 inches in diameter.  the new spinner (right) is 3.5 inches tall and 1 inch in diameter.

ok, they are ready to go.  they are the same price as the 2/0 kolekar grip, $26 with shipping included.  thanks!  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

To: alantani@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 8:21:23 PM
Subject: Spinner grips

G'day Alan I (think) this is great option for your spinner grips they fit really well on the smaller conventional reels like the tyrnos 12 and the diawa saltist 40.

alantani

Quote from: george.s on June 10, 2010, 11:58:19 PM
well done Tony. there is a few handle upgrades you can do to. the cheapest one is Alan's grip just drill out the old one and screw the new one in. then there is the 20000 stella fa or you can use the 18000 saragosa one.   

Fishead

Alan,I have several Van Staal's I would like to try your handle on.Do you know if I would have to drill out the hole?.I'm not home so I cant measure the hole but I do know the current grips come off by way of threaded nut or screw,I forget which.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

alantani

i've never worked on a vanstaal, but for a reel that nice i would recommend one of the handle grips at smoothdrag.com.  they are much nicer.  alan

Fishead

I looked at them But I think they may be a bit too large.I was looking at your 2/0 handle & Dawn does'nt offer one that small with no plans to make one.

alantani

i would still recommend one of dawn's handle grips.  you will find yourself getting used the size very quickly.  if you still want a kokelar spinner handle, just send a pm with your address and i will get one out to you.  alan

Fishead

The reel I was thinking about for the handle is the VS-150.I would compare the size to a penn 550 so I think the smaller handle would be better.

alantani

i'm happy to send one out if you want to take a look.  send a pm with an address.  alan

Rare

Speaking of handles..... I need one for jigging... The torque handles sucks for jigging 3-5hrs on a boat trip.