roller bearing inner tube on abu ambassaduer...

Started by steelheadmaniac, August 17, 2009, 02:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelheadmaniac

Yesterday when I was cleaning my ambassaduer... I could not take off the roller bearing inner tube... How is it suppose to be removed?

Thanks!
SM

alantani

was it stuck on the drive shaft or inside the anti-reverse roller bearing?  pry it off or pound it out, either way it's a bad sign.........
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelheadmaniac

It was on.... What is my guess... Is the drive shaft... The thing that the handle is on...

alantani

dribble some oil on it and wait a day or two, then try to pry it up with the blade of a small penn knife.  it may take some time.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelheadmaniac

Alright... Gotta strip the reel of the line... So I will put it apart and do that..

Thanks Alan!

SM

Ken_D

Quote from: steelheadmaniac on August 17, 2009, 02:48:07 AM
Yesterday when I was cleaning my ambassaduer... I could not take off the roller bearing inner tube... How is it suppose to be removed?

Thanks!
SM

I'm sure by now that this part's off, and the reel is cool. but for the future: One of the main causes of this part, and similar situations with stuck parts is driveshaft deformation. Note the cut-away up top for the handle to shoulder down, against. overly zealous rodsters will sometimes get pretty serious with the wrench, and tighten the handle a lot.

This 'flares' the cut, widening it, making it very difficult to walk parts up and out. I just take an "olfa" cutter, and shave off a little bit of the flare, thereby opening up clearances, for removal of stubborn bits.  good fishing and fixing.