lubricants

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 05:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWS

I to mix Yamaha Grease and Corrosion X it is the best !!!!!!!!!

inhotpursuit

Quote from: HalBrown on December 03, 2011, 05:49:04 PM
I may have missed it, but what is the answer as to whether TSI 301 is suitable for ceramic bearings?   I just ordered an 8oz can from the manufacturer in New Jersey.  The lady who took my order told me they have been swamped by calls from fisherman.
Alan, am I correct in that you simply dip your bearings in it, let them drip dry for a few minutes and install the bearings?  This is a great site by the way and I am glad I found it.
I recieved some 301 recently (thanks Alan) i cleaned out my ceramic bearings with a shot of ether and air and soaked them as suggested by Alan , after the soak they were given a low pressure blast of air and then reinstaled  they certainly did not spin free any longer than clean dry bearings  but the did spin the same and a lot less noisy,it was a big improvement over the rocket fuel tourniment oil which actually slowed the bearings and had to be reapplied after a few weeks.

coastalobsession

I resently started using kano aerokroil oil. It is SUPER thin and stays is the bearings
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

eteodorini

Anyone have info on or used "Panda Tears" grease. Ran across this in BD tread on New Okuma Mak. page 3. Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangamaster
where can you get this Panda Tears stuff? Is it better than Cal's grease?

Fishybuzz:

SouthPawCalico is the only guy who knows how to get it....blows Cals grease away.....

alantani

i dunno how anything could get much better than cals.....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JC Wileman

Can this be sprayed/dropped into places on the outside of the reels where the lubricant enclosed in the box would go, such as clicker, drag lever, strike button high speed/low speed button, etc etc.
See you out there!
JC Wileman
"Straight Up" - 32' Uniflite

alantani

yes, but i would not.  the stuff is way to expensive to use like that.  i would rather see you use aerosol corrosion x.  it's alot cheaper.

JC Wileman

Quote from: alantani on February 10, 2012, 06:07:32 AM
yes, but i would not.  the stuff is way to expensive to use like that.  i would rather see you use aerosol corrosion x.  it's alot cheaper.
cheaper -  that's what the "C" in "JC" stands for   ;D  Thanks, Alan!
See you out there!
JC Wileman
"Straight Up" - 32' Uniflite

alantani

jc, see you at the fred hall show?

treidm

Just found and bought some of this dirt cheap, so thought I would check it out.....
http://crcindustries.com/auto/?s=SL3121
Also comes in 14 Oz Cartridge

Anyone have experience with this lube?
Looks to be an Aluminum Complex Lube

Regards, Reid
"If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men to capitalize their labor."

--Frank Lloyd Wright

Jimmer

That stuff doesn't hold up very well. high oil seperation rate, etc. I would use something else. Find something with a less than 1% washout and seperation rating. Alan and a lot of others like the yamaha marine grease, I had my outs with yamaha 30+ years ago and don't use their products. I found an anhydrous alum. based grease manuf. by citgo and sold under the mystic label at our local farm and fleet store that meets these criteria - mystik high performance marine grease - $4.00 per 3 3oz. tubes.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

treidm

Thanks

The Mystik JT-6 High performance marine grease, looks to be anhydrous calcium thickener, not aluminum?
Am I looking at wrong product?

looks like the yamaha marine grease has a washout of 5% (With no < symbol)
which puts it well out of your criteria....
Can't seem to find the oil separation rate?

Regards, Reid
"If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men to capitalize their labor."

--Frank Lloyd Wright

Jimmer

Yes, it is, don't know why I was thinking alum. It's supposed to not react badly with the more common lithium based products, couldn't find any info on how it does with plastics, guess i'll find out, no problems yet. I could not find any info (manuf, etc.) on the yamaha marine grease either.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

treidm

Here's the MSDS on Yamaha marine grease

Regards, Reid

--Frank Lloyd Wright

Killerbug

Yamaha marine grease is produced by Chemtool Incorporated, and on their homepage you will find more information on their aluminum thickened greases.  To be honest, I don't think the thickener plays a major role in fishing reels for two reasons.  

The washout test are mostly done at 141 F?

The different thickeners are almost the same in temperatures below +-190 F

http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time