topless frame - shimano charter special tr 1000/2000 back in stock, jan 2018

Started by alantani, August 19, 2009, 06:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braz13

Kenstix

Here's My question ~ on the narrower 1000 , How would You guys spool up for Fincky Y.T , Y-fin or Bluefin that need a topper of 12 - 15 lb. ( I've read that the braids below 40lb. are a pain to twist up to mono ? Or just spool up the whole thing with that size Mono like we used to - When they were picky at Cortez Bank ?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Kenstix

ok Thanks , the reason I ask is because I have fished Rigs Yellowtail and Cortez Bluefin when the Only Line they would Bite is 12 Lb. Pink Ande ( Never had to worry about that in Sea of Cortez ) which Brand of Braid is the Best for the Buck ?

alantani

Kenstix

Thanks , so on the 50 lb. or .38mm - .4mm ish size do You use 8 strand or is quality 4S sufficient ?

Thanks ~ Ken

alantani

Quote from: Kenstix on March 07, 2018, 12:00:55 PM

Thanks , so on the 50 lb. or .38mm - .4mm ish size do You use 8 strand or is quality 4S sufficient ?

Thanks ~ Ken

just stick with a brand name product and you should be fine.  never paid too much attention to braids, as long as they don't break!

Kenstix

farmer56

Hey  Alan.....   farmer 56  here.....  do  you  still  have  any  tr 1000  frames  left  if  you  do  i  would  like  one.....also  looking  in  the  past  pages  you  talked  about   drag  washer  and  handle  options.....  would  you  have  washers  on  hand  and  any  3/0  sized  handles  for  the  tr1000....also  what  about  bearing  packers  and  small  grease  gun  adapters ...  hope  this  finds  you  and  your  family well...  you  can  P.M.  me  here  with  stock....   thanks   farmer 56

Kenstix

I just recd. My tr1000 frame Wed. from Alan (awesomeness + Clamp. hardware, etc.) + He said there are still plenty of them . I am told He's working the Fred Hall show this weekend ~ Kenstix ( not to speak for Him , just to help

farmer56

Kenstix

U -Betcha , maybe someone here could help me a bit ~ I cant figure out how to upload Pictures in Private  messaging without that html type of stuff ~ I forgot 20 years ago ( dont know why I cant choose a file like on this posting feature ?   : (

Swami805

I've never been able to post a photo on a PM either. Is it possible?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Kenstix

Quote from: Swami805 on March 10, 2018, 01:13:42 AM
I've never been able to post a photo on a PM either. Is it possible?

I haven't worked it out quite yet but got a tip on it .  This Frame is a Thing of Beauty ( from Alan ) check Pics and have a question on the name of the Left Pin .

Tightlines667

The schematic lists the part as

"Part # 0050 - Cross Pin B",

but I would just refer to it as a

'spool shaft pin'.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.