Shimano BSM 2200FS Reel Foot

Started by yakfisher, August 15, 2012, 11:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakfisher

Hi everyone,
                I've got a question regarding my old Shimano BSM 2200FS baitcaster. The internals of this reel still work fine, however the reel foot that appears to have been made from alloy is completely corroded away up to the bars. This probably occurred due to neglect when I was younger when it would have stayed attached to a rod for an extended period without having been washed.

The question is does anyone know anyone who sells a replacement reel foot that would suit this reel? It is attached with stainless rivets but I was thinking that I could drill them out and use 4 small SS bolts to reattach a new one.

I'm undecided as to whether it is worth fixing. The other option would be to get a complete replacement frame but they are hard to come by over here in Australia and cost plus postage from the US is probably similar to the cost of a complete second-hand reel of similar quality off ebay. Just seems a shame to just have it sitting there and not getting used....

Thanks for your help,

Mark

alantani

a machine shop could make one for you.  you may actually have to go that route.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

yakfisher

Thanks for the advice Alan, will look into it.