khanh tran special penn senator 113h

Started by alantani, August 28, 2012, 04:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

You bring up a good point Dan, thinking about it some more, i'm wondering if those aluminum handles have been drilled for that purpose also :-\ like the heat shield on a rifles. I wouldn't be able to tell on mine, when I'm out on the water I usually wear a light jacke, doesn't really get too hot here in the NE, when on the ocean.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

lyt

I recently put those same handles on all of my tld's     I agree, when I saw them being wheeled in by the UPS guy I was like....   "are you sure this package is for me?"  Then I saw Alan's name so I knew it had to be the right ones :)   

I know it is personal preference....   but I went with the non aluminum ones....  for one simple fact.... even the "chance" the handle could get hot here in Florida, .....and the fact that yes even aluminum still corrodes over time.   perhaps not in your lifetime :) but i don't even want a hint of it :)
If you keep doing what you've always done...
You'll keep getting what you've always got...

alantani

Quote from: Danhans on September 08, 2012, 08:15:16 PM

you may find it more comfortable to hold it between your index and middle finger.  glad you like it, though!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

George4741

I received a Khanh Tran Special stainless steel arm and 6/0 grip today.  Awesome!  It has a longer throw than the standard 113H handle, approximately 0.42 inch longer.  This is a plus and will make it easier to crank a heavy load.  Nice!  Thanks Alan.
 George
viurem lliures o morirem

LTM

In regards to a longer/sturdy handle; I recall reading on this forum that the Daiwa 600h handle can be used on the Penn 6/0 at a much better price point. That makes me wonder if there is a stainless steel gear sleeve that will work on the 600H. Really like thoses ss 4/0 handles, there on my "hit-list". In regards to the 4/0 vs the 6/0 handles size on the 113H reel im still on the fence trying to decide and I have both kolekar grip sizes on other reels. Im going to start a new post on that subject soon.

Leo

floating doc

I've been thinking about which handles to choose for my reels. I'm in Florida,  so the possibility of aluminum getting too hot is important. Are Alan's plastic?
Central Florida

Ron Jones

I currently have Kahn's exact setup on my Marlin Special and I absolutly love it!! Alan has spoiled me, I migrated my 6/0 grip to the Marlin Special and had to put a 4/0 on the Grouper Special. The 4/0 just feels silly small.

Try this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Paddler/PipeJigs.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t%3D107001&h=720&w=960&sz=127&tbnid=HZ-LvBz-8D174M:&tbnh=92&tbnw=123&zoom=1&usg=__zCZ1Mc4R-Pd_lC4QTr3q3HuvTmY=&docid=Dx2kyMRzCjdkkM&sa=X&ei=P43YUa74HOOyiQKJooHQDg&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=2443

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

the grip is delron, so it can be used hot or cold. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

floating doc

Thanks, I'm going to have to spread out my purchases so I'll get an order in later this summer.
Central Florida