knot pullers tool

Started by steelfish, November 23, 2019, 02:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

hey amigos, look what I won on a free raffle last weekend !

the seller and maker of these knot pullers made a new model and as "thank you" for the good sales of the previous version and the debut of the new version he gave away 10 pairs on a raffle, you just had to sent your name, well I was one of the fortunated ones to win one pair, I was interested in getting the 1st version since they came out few years ago but for one reason or another never ordered, who would think that I would get the new version as lucky gift.
I not obligated to promote them or talk good things about it on anyway, just wanted to share a good product,  the  craftmanship of the pullers look amazing, I already tested them to pull some braid line and the line didnt slip at all.
after some real world use I will update this post with my findings in few weeks or months, for now I just wanted to show off what I just got

just google the name of the company and you will find examples on how to use it
The Baja Guy

Donnyboat

You lucky man Alex, interesting thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

RowdyW

A couple of wooden dowels work well too but don't look as nice.  ;D      Rudy

Brewcrafter

Those are some nice looking toggles!  Like Rudy, I use wooden dowels wrapped with "flex wrap" tape.  But on the boats I have seen folks with ones using electrical tape for grip and some with a nice professional rubber like coating.  I have also seen "old salts" using plier handles  ;D - hey whatever it takes, its all about the quality of the knot. - john

Dominick

Very nice Alex.  Have fun using them.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

Quote from: Brewcrafter on November 23, 2019, 10:00:02 PM
Those are some nice looking toggles!  Like Rudy, I use wooden dowels wrapped with "flex wrap" tape.  But on the boats I have seen folks with ones using electrical tape for grip and some with a nice professional rubber like coating.  I have also seen "old salts" using plier handles  ;D - hey whatever it takes, its all about the quality of the knot. - john

I know, at the end what ever it takes, for making knots at home I use some old rags on the hands to pull the lines, sometimes I put some some thick leather gloves (for electric jobs), on the water to pull line on snags I carry an old 6" lamp that is made outta aluminun with a thick cover of corrugated hard rubber, I dont know what kind of rubber is but had been used a lot and the braid line dont even leave a mark on it, anyway, I just wanted to share it cuz I know someguys like to use "pretty" toys that are practical too, hey I dont blame them we all like to use nice and shiny reels too.
The Baja Guy

SevenYearsDown

I use maple dowels wrapped in vet wrap (about 4 wraps). Good idea for the hole for the hook, I might just add that.

philaroman

HD eye/ring on one end would be better, IMO

Brewcrafter

I'm impressed by the quality!  The fact that the rubber isn't showing any wear.  Pretty things are great, and it's really cool to see a product that stays looking great instead of starting to show wear right off the bat.  Big downside to my homemade versions - after two or three trips the covering is pretty trashed and it's time for a refurb.