twice Baked Potato Skins

Started by Bill B, October 02, 2012, 12:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

With the left over bacon from the baking powder biscuits Redsetta told me about, had a craving for more bacon...but what ???  Potato Skins with BACON :D

•   8 medium russet potatoes
•   Vegetable oil
•   1/2lb+ bacon
•   1 cup grated Mexican Cheese Mix
•   1 diced jalapeno pepper
•   3/4 cup chopped green onions
•   Sour cream and guacamole

Preheat oven to 425°F. Scrub potatoes; pat dry. Rub skins with oil. Place potatoes on baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour. Cool. Cut each potato lengthwise into halves. Scoop out centers, leaving 3/8-inch-thick layer of cooked potato on skins. Oil baking sheet. Place skins, skin side down, on sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Drain. Chop bacon. Transfer to medium bowl. Add cheese, and jalapeno, add scooped out potato to add bulk to re-fill the skins; stir to blend.

Spoon cheese mixture back into the skins. Bake until skins are crisp and cheese mixture melts, about 25 minutes.

Transfer skins to platter. Sprinkle with green onions; and dollops of sour cream and guacamole...serve.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

saltydog

Now I've gotta go get a bag of potatoes,man I'm getting hungry again.Thanks for the recipie.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Nessie Hunter

I Live on PB&J...   You guys are killin me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!