tld 50 free spool

Started by conchydong, September 23, 2009, 01:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

Alan, first l would like to thank you for all of the information that you have supplied for free on the internet. I have learned alot from your tutorials and feel confident enough to service many of my reels that I would have previously sent to a tackle shop.
I have a TLD 50II A (new model) that I had a Willfish frame put on (by Willfish). Out of the box the reel had pretty good freespool but since I had the aluminum frame upgrade I am losing freespool at just 12lbs of drag at strike. What do you think is causing this problem?
I don't want to send it back to Willfish because I bought the frame from another vendor and Willfish (most graciously) installed the frame for free. I am in Florida and we do not have many reel repair guys with experience in tweaking aftermarket upgrades.
Thanks, Scott

alantani

i checked the belleville configuration from the schematics on the shimano website.  http://fish.shimano.com/media/fishing/SAC/techdocs/en/Conventional/96TLD2speed50_v1_m56577569830641841.pdf  it looks like it's oriented "()(())".  take a look.  if that's the case, you should be able to change it to "((()))" and get a decent jump in drag range.  one question, though.  you don't have spectra that is slipping on the spool, do you?  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

conchydong

The spectras not slipping. I will pull the reel apart when I get a chance and check/reconfigure the bellviews to see if that is the problem.  Thanks