glen pamaran in san diego, ca

Started by alantani, December 08, 2008, 04:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

QuoteI have a few reels that need some attention. I was hoping you might be able to work on a few for me. A couple of the reels are obsolete models, but I figured if anybody could get them rolling, you could.  Here is the laundry list for maintenance:

Shimano TTS 50W
Shimano TLD 5
Shimano TLD 30 2 speed
Shimano TBM 30/50 2 speed I think this one was a proto type, given to the owner of a yacht I used to run, and then given to me.
Shimano TLD 20 2 speed
Shimano Tiagra 50
Shimano TLD 20

Here is a reel that had the drag turn to goo:

Shimano TBM 50/80 2 speed

I removed most of the goo, but nobody seems to be able to help me get this thing back in shape.  Let me know if you can help. I was gonna make a trip up to the bay area around Feb, so I could drop them off.

i can service all of them except the 50/80. that one needs to go to glen pamaran at reel connection, (619) 429-0997.  he is the only one that has a replacement drag pressure plate for that reel.  glen could also service all of your reels as well. i hear he does an excellent job. it's just that i've got all of the kolekar aftermarket handles. either way is fine. thanks! alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

glen's new phone number is 619-370-8670 and his e-mail address is reelconnection@cox.net.  he is only accepting reels that are shipped to him and will not send out parts. 

J.B.

Alan,

I'm in desperate need of a part for my BeastMaster 50/80.
I bought these reels recently and was told that they had been recently serviced and that the drag update had been done. As it turns out the reels had been recently serviced and the drag had been updated, however the technician that did the repair neglected to put the seal back in that goes around the pressure plate. This seal is not shown on the Shimano schematic but is part of the pressure plate part # TT 0123B.
I've  tried  emailing all Shimano service centers looking for this seal with no luck, Glen is looking for me also with no luck so far. I'd be happy with a used one if I could find one. I actually need 3 of these seals. If you have any 50/80's that are parts reels I'd be interested in buying the aforementioned part.

Thanks

Jeff

alantani

i will let you know if i find something..... 

andyj

Hi Thanks Alan

I will give Glen a call.  I tried his old # and it was no longer in service.
I want to upgrade the dog spring part TT 0170 on my Shimano TBMG 20/50 to the newer style spring TT 0342 used in the TLD 2 speeds but don't see how it would fit and mount inside the side plate.  Can't find a TT 0170 spring and mine is tired (bit still intact).

Also, about the previous post from J.B, I have a Shimano Triton Beastmaster 50/80 that I seldom use because it's too big and heavy for stand up and local trolling.  Great reel for a fighting chair.  The reel is in great shape (not sure about the pressure plate - proably original).  I would be willing to sell it for a fair price if you still need the sealpart or would like to use the reel.
Thanks

Andy

alantani

there are guys that really like these older reels.  i'll pass, but i'm certain that someone will be interested.   

alantani

QuoteAlan Tani <alantani@yahoo.com>  Today at 9:39 AM
To   
reelconnection@cox.net
Message body
thanks!  you know, i've seen your name spelled 20 different ways.  what's the correct spelling?  also, can i give this guy an approximate cost?  thanks!  alan

To: "alantani@yahoo.com" <alantani@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: the beastmaster!

Reel Connection
794 Desty Street
San Diego, Ca 92154

Cell 1-619-370-8670.

---- Alan Tani <alantani@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just found out that a friend is shipping a beast master to me. I'd like to forward it to you.  CanI get your address and phone number?  Thanks! Alan
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

>  On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 12:51, reelconnection@cox.net<reelconnection@cox.net> wrote:  Hi Alan,
> Yes still going strong with beastmaster reels.
>
> ---- Alan Tani <alantani@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > hi, glenn!  it's alan tani.  i was wondering if you were still in business and if you still had those pressure plates for the beastmasters.  i have a guy that needs work done, if you are still available.  thanks!  alan

jimcat

Because of this blog, I sent my 50 80 to glenn at Reels Connections he serviced the reel and did the drag plate upgrade. As far as dealing with Glenn, he was very knowledgeable about the reel and it made it easier for me to mail my then 300 dollar reel to a stranger. took about 3 weeks, but I was in no hurry. Thanks Alan for this blog. I'm so set with this reel looking forward to my long range trip. heres a picture of Glenn's business card.