calcutta 700te

Started by fishingreek, October 02, 2009, 02:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishingreek

Hi anybody
    Did anyone upgrade a 700te to carbontex washers yet because i seem to be getting

low drag. Would like to know what to order to make it work-willing to cut? Is this a

common problem or should i just order new washers from shimano?

Thanks R.V.

alantani

carbontex washers should work great.   i consider these new washes to be a necessary upgrade to any of these reels. it you change them out and still have a problem, several other possibilities should be considered.  it is possible that the spectra is slipping on the spool, the spool might me slipping on the spool shaft, or the star might me bottoming out.  change out the drag washers first.  can you let us know?  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fishingreek

Is it possible to get 17lbs. of drag from 2 small drag washers? Took reel to Sac. and mailed to Irvine       
and they dont seem able to get it. Different drag system than 700B/4 washers is this a down grade or
reel that wont deliver?

>:(   not happy   ???

alantani

17 pounds?  i don't think so.  i don't know what the reel is rated for, but i would not want to see you push the reel that hard, anyway.  figure 50# spectra and a 30, 35 or 40# topshot with up to 12 pounds of drag to keep things in a comfortable range. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!