washer's and parts for Quantum reels.

Started by realmedic, October 05, 2009, 10:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realmedic

neat board here. i am a total newbie at doing reels. i had just gotten the lake fork tackle repair combo kit and video. so far ive cleaned and re oiled and lubed 2 reels and they work which im actually suprised that i didnt mess up. i mostly like quantum reels but i have no idea how to get any parts or what i need to do apart from the lake fork video.  i have also ordered the reel schematic book from reel schematic.com so i can do some reading. thank you for the awsome site Mr Tani!

alantani

check out the drag washer dimensions post.  the quantums greatly benefit from a penn drag washer upgrade. measure out your drag washers and match them up with something on the list.  you will be amazed at the difference.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

realmedic

thank you Alan i apperciate your time and effort.  i looked around and it took me a while to find the post you refered me to.
however i will be trying to figure out in the near future looking to super tune my quantums. most of what i have are the kevin van dam signature series low profile bait casters, accurist ac501pt, and the quantum burst at this time. im predominately a freshwater bass guy.
ive heard some great things about you though, and ive been looking though your post and im enjoying all the reading. i figure theres not a whole lot differnt between freshwater and saltwater reels other then a few exceptions. even so ive alot to learn. keep the post coming though because i sure love to read  ;D