Abu Ultra Mag II Drag

Started by JEG, October 21, 2009, 10:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEG

Has any one found a carbontex drag washer that fits the old Abu Ultra Mag II?  I have that reel sitting around and would like to upgrade the drag in it.

alantani

i found these photos

you'll need to pull the drag washers out and measure them, then match them up against the penn ht-100 drag washers on the list.  please let us know!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JEG

I e-mailed Dawn at smoothdrag the other day if she had something that would fit. She asked for measurements to see if she could find a match. I sent her some of the best (blurry) pics I could take. Well she e-mailed me today that she has a pair that would fit! Im sure shes closed for the weekend so I'll give her a call monday. Here are some pictures of the Ultra mag II.

(Below) Left is a Penn 113HLW next to the Ultra MagII. The penn's outside diameter was about .5mm larger than the abu.

alantani

JEG

I got the carbontex washers from smoothdrag and they fit nice and snug. Dawn said the small washer is Abu 3902 and the big washer is Shimano #2360, which is from the Curado 100D. The above washers are the carbontex.

alantani

thank you very much.  i moved this to the ambassaduer section so it won't get lost.