Penn Data

Started by spes, November 25, 2012, 12:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spes

Hello,,
I was on another website and saw this. I thought you Penn fanatics might like it. Or, you all knew this stuff anyway  ;D
(hope they don't mind me posting it)

http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=4435&highlight=trolling+wire

alantani

alot of work went into that post!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

doradoben

Thank you for posting this. It has lots of very usefull info. Also contains a post that has a link explaining the science behind why magging  a reel works, with examples of a magged squidder & jigmaster...

Ken_D

Great post. Thanks a tonne. Adding magnetic proprties incorportes Lenz's  Law, all about opposing eddy currents induced.    Which see:   

dobrobill

Nice but Scotts does have most penn reel info. They are lack a few due to not having the booklet to copy to the web. If any of you has a colection of booklets they are are missing a a few reel info from what I can tell.

I caution using mags  out of hard drives unless you want a very powerfull mag field. My guys use to pull them out of the drives and two of them close together will put a hurting on ones fingers. Big pinch! ouch..   Saw this happen many times.  I have some but I rather use the little round ones with holders.

lois

regarding Scott's--they were hit by Hurricane Sandy but they are still in business for parts, if you guys didn't already know that. :)

turboal

Lois, got my parts order last from you.

ez2cdave

Quote from: alantani on November 25, 2012, 02:26:45 AM
alot of work went into that post!

ALAN,

I have "ARCHIVED" that thread, just in case it should ever "disappear" in the future ... Attached Below !

Tight Lines !