shimming

Started by turboal, November 04, 2009, 01:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

Alan, where do i get the shims for the left side bearing to set the end play for the spool main shaft ? I don't see them listed in
the penn scematics . I don't know if i lost the one that was  in
there or there was none there. this is a penn int.II 30
what can i use to clean the drag washer of old grease that
came from the bearing ?
Thanks in advance.

alantani

mysticparts.com should have them.  it is true that they are often not listed in the schematics.  i have several laying around if you need some.  just pm your address and i can send them out.  

to clean any kind of grease off the drag washers, just use an old rag.  i've found that doing this and then following up with a thick coat of cal's grease can fix the grungiest of drag washers.  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

Quote from: alantani on November 06, 2009, 07:14:34 AM
mysticparts.com should have them.  it is true that they are often not listed in the schematics.  i have several laying around if you need some.  just pm your address and i can send them out.  

to clean any kind of grease off the drag washers, just use an old rag.  i've found that doing this and then following up with a thick coat of cal's grease can fix the grungiest of drag washers.  
mysticparts.com part number 154-30 Mystic Reel Parts, but if alan has it buy it from him since he does so much for all of us.      aloha kamu

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"