Need parts kits to "hot rod" 2 each TLD25s

Started by Jedgar, November 06, 2009, 04:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedgar

Alan,

Please quote me a price on parts for 2 reels.  I need carbon drags, crank handles (2/0 or 4/0 koklear handles with the longer arms) and cals drag grease.  I think I need a new right main side plate bearing for one of the reels too.

-or- how much would you charge to do the two reels if I sent them to you and how long would the turnaround take ?

Thanks for your help with this.

Jim (from Cocoa Beach, Fl.)

alantani

uggghhhhh!!!!!!

the single speed shimano tld 20 and 25's are the worst!  figure $11 to ship the reels out, $40 per reel to service, $19 per reel for carbontex drag washers, $37 per reel for kolekar handles, and a couple of bucks for various washers, and $11 to ship back.  thats, what, maybe $220 for the pair.  that's assuming your bearings are all good.  i can ship you a pair of carbontex washers, a pair of kolekar handles and all the washers you need for $120.  you can take a crack at it your self.  worst case, you can ship everything to me in a ziplock and the cost would still be the same compared to sending it straight to me to begin with.  send a pm and let me know what you'd like to do.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jedgar

Alan,

I broke both reels down - not too bad of a job.  All of the bearings are good and I removed the shields and greased them good.

I need the drag washers, misc washers, cals grease and crank handles so that I can put them back together and finish them up.

Please let me know how much $$ total and how you want payment and I'll send it along tomorrow morning from my secure computer at work.

So, basically, if you "hot rod" a TLD with these parts you end up with a reel that is basically the fishing equal to a GLD 30, but is a little lighter weight and equal in cost ?

Thanks for your help with this.

Jim