Accurate Twin Spin SR-30

Started by Marko, December 26, 2012, 04:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marko

after some hunting over the internet on reliable reel over 500 USD and below 1200 USD, I finally chose a second hand Accurate Twin Spin SR-30. it had won my heart over Stella 20K and those hardcore Daiwa Saltiga's family.

I Wonder, is this reel was really that damn tough :o ?.. and what problems usually occurs in the Accurate Twin Spin's as Accurate reels was known strong for their trolling and jigging reels. don't really understand for the spinning reels.

please, anyone who have them and owed them give a honest opinion regarding this reel.

Many Thanks

Marko Zakaria

JGB

Marko,

The ACC TS is a serious chunk of aluminum. I have never seen one break. They are on the heavy side and do not offer much in gear ratio selection. The thing here is to maintain them as with all ACC as neglect will eventually lead to a unhappy experience.
The main weak part is the drag shield on the bottom of the spool. It has a thin O-ring seal and is held in place by friction and can on occasion slip out and cause spool rubbing (just press it back in place). The drag adjustment must be done before using as it has a limited range once it is set and you do not want to be messing with it during a fight. The ACC TS lends it's self to palming of the spool during a fight as the reel will take a lot of abuse. Stellas and Saltigas rotor arms will flex   and can touch the spool if your not careful and palming the spool too much.

Jim N.

Marko

Thanks Jim..

i think i didn't chose a wrong reel. I expected this reel really stand the abuse from GT, YFT and other pelagics in the ocean.

Tight Lines

Marko