Hi from New Zealand

Started by Milkey, December 29, 2012, 09:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milkey

Hey guys,
My name is Lyndon and I'm an addicted kayakfisher from New Zealand. I've joined the site as a resource to allow me to service my own reels rather than sending them away = extra cost and downtime.
I am also a certifed Tackle hoe who has the incurable disease TAS. I'm not sure if you guys are aware for the affliction. But TAS stands for Tackle Acquisition Syndrome. Yep, I've got it bad  ;D
So far my reel inventory consists of:
Daiwa Saltiga Z40
Shimano TLD30 2 speed
Shimano Trinidad 10A
Daiwa Luna 300
Daiwa Luna 253
Daiwa Saltiga Dogfight 6500
Daiwa Certate 3500HD
Daiwa Luvias 3000
Daiwa TD Sol3000
Daiwa  Saltist Hard Rock Fish

All of these get abused from the treatment on the kayak so I'm learning to get very intimate with them. I look forward to seeing what some of the more knowledgeable heads on this site have to offer in the way of advice.
Fishing off the 4.4m kayak our main species here in NZ's North Island are Snapper (biggest 25-30lb), Kingfish (biggest 43lb), Silver Trevally (biggest 15lb), Kahawai or as the Aussies call them Australian Salmon (biggest 8lb).

Cheers

kamuwela

aloha lyndon and thanks for joining us here at alans place

Cone

Welcome Lyndon. Many here at Mr. Tani's asylum also suffer from TAS. Join in some of the group therapy discussions here. Just remember there is no cure!  ;D Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Irish Jigger

Reelz

Welcome...I too have that addiction! Its normal!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Milkey:  Welcome.  I am not an addict.  This is normal behavior.  This is normal behavior.  This is normal behavior.  Helllllllp me Aaaagh   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Welcome from Northern California
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

raumati01

G'day Milkey and happy new year. I don't know if you remember me, we went fishing with Badgish up in whangamata years ago. I had the hobie .

Btw I've enjoyed your articles in the fishing mags.

Milkey

Thanks for the kind welcomes guys. I can see I'm in likeminded company  ;)
Hey Raumati(beach). Yes I remember you. That was the first time I'd seen a Hobie and freaked me out when you came pedalling past arms crossed just as the sun was coming up. Good to hear you like the articles. Havn't seen the latest magazine, but did submit an article on Tuna fishing from the kayak.

Alto Mare

Welcome Lyndon!
If you're looking to abuse those reels some more, you will need a Penn in your lineup ;) ;D.
Enjoy your stay.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

conchydong

Quote from: Milkey on January 01, 2013, 04:36:25 PM
Thanks for the kind welcomes guys. I can see I'm in likeminded company  ;)
Hey Raumati(beach). Yes I remember you. That was the first time I'd seen a Hobie and freaked me out when you came pedalling past arms crossed just as the sun was coming up. Good to hear you like the articles. Havn't seen the latest magazine, but did submit an article on Tuna fishing from the kayak.

Welcome Milkey. Do you have any links to your articles? I bet many on this board would love to read them and see how you guys are fishing in NZ.

raumati01

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 01, 2013, 05:03:51 PM
Welcome Lyndon!
If you're looking to abuse those reels some more, you will need a Penn in your lineup ;) ;D.
Enjoy your stay.
Sal

Don't listen to this guy Lyndon, when I signed up I only had one penn reel now I have 10.