How to avoid this?

Started by buitrechico, January 03, 2013, 12:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buitrechico

Ricardo Dell´Aquila

Cone

I had already seen one shot of this but not the ones from the other cameras. It was amazing. Lucky no one was badly hurt. Thanks for the link. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Brendan

I was blown away by the speed of the ladder to the bridge getting tossed. Unbelievable!
Brendan.

Dominick

If I was one of the guys in the boat, I would have been very pissed off at the captain.  He kept backing on the fish even after the fish came out of the water full of fight.  The fish was too fresh.  The captain should have put the boat in forward gear and idled away to tire the fish more.  That fish was going toward the boat and the boat was backing, bad chain of events.  They were lucky.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

dons2346

How to avoid this? Simple, get a captain that knows what he is doing. He was totally stupid here.

Looks like the deck hand wrapped the leader around his arm/hand. There is another Ytube where the deck hand did the same thing with a tuna, the tuna sounded and the deck hand was never seen again. Stupid.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: buitrechico on January 03, 2013, 12:37:22 AM
Really amazing,isn't it? :o

Really amazing nobody was seriously hurt.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Makule

Now why didn't everyone immediately jump on the fish and mob it like they do with humans?  When the fish throws a chair at you, throw something bigger back at it.

Seriously, the capt. appears to have been inexperienced and only interested in the $$$ (less time to bring in the fish, more time to catch others), ignoring the fact that the fish was obviously much too green and fiesty.

I have seen deckhands wrap line around their hands and it needs to be done on very large fish from time to time.   Still, there is a right way to do it, and a wrong way.  Seems like the guy did it the right way since he was able to easily free the line from his hands.  With the wrong way, no way can you get the line loose if there's any tension on it (as people have discovered the hard way).
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

El Pescador

Holy Moly!!!!!

A hooked Marlin sinks a fishing boat!!!   This is un...  believable!!!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/50860/a+hooked+marlin+sinks+a+fishing+boat+well+something+like+that/

The boat was backing down on the marlin just a bit too fast, too much water too fast over the stern, and that's all she wrote.

So much for greased carbon fiber drags!!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Hey Wayne:  I feel sorry for the marlin.  The poor fish has a couple of hundred feet of fishing line trailing in his mouth and a fishing pole and reel at the end of it.  There are a lot of stupid captains out there.  Choose your charters with care.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Pescachaser on January 31, 2013, 07:57:55 PM
Hey Wayne:  I feel sorry for the marlin.  The poor fish has a couple of hundred feet of fishing line trailing in his mouth and a fishing pole and reel at the end of it.  There are a lot of stupid captains out there.  Choose your charters with care.  Dominick

X2
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

saltydog

That fish was way to green to wire,man I know who I wont fish with when I go to Austrailia.That fish would make a great bouncer,qwesome chair shot.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

alantani

i'm sure the captain thought that what he was doing seemed like a good idea at the time.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

glad no one got hurt. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!