Saltiga Blast 4500 Main Shaft Problem

Started by mat nabil, January 10, 2013, 02:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat nabil

I'm not sure this thread was the right place to issues, but help needed here. I just obtain an old Saltiga Blast 4500. In a glance, it was nice. But I notice the spool have slight movement (without cranking!) about 1cm. Refer to pics below,

After removing the spool then, detect the shaft has a lot of play back and forth. Thinking of it might be due to wear and tear, I double the extra thin washer to item 81 in diagrams.

Assembly all the thing back, Yup, It help a bit but still the play is noticeable.
Do you ever had this problem before?Kindly share your experience...

hafnor

there should be a little play. I have about three MM on my saltiga dogfight... 1cm sounded a lot... has it been getting worse over time? If so check the attachemnts to the spool shaft.. maybe they're loose?

Tile

Check the crosswind block and the idler gear for wear. Also check the eccentric post bushing (item no. 62) for wear.
In solid fiberglass we trust

mat nabil

I've suspected bushing no 62 has already worn. Surprisingly it was a plastic that is prone to wear and tear. I will try to replace this thing first hand. Let see either this works  ;)