Hello from the great lakes.

Started by morrison.inc, January 22, 2013, 06:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morrison.inc

Hi fellas, Im new here, my name is Brandon. I live in Northeast Ohio, just under Lake Erie. I was taught a bit about reel repair and a lot about fishing as a boy, but kind of lost touch during high school and college. I have gotten really gotten back into it the past 3 years. It actually kind of runs in my family, my grandfather was a great lakes fisherman, and so was my great great grandfather and his brothers. They were the ones who who started Pflueger fishing tackle in 1881 here in Akron, Ohio. The originators of the first luminescent bait! Lots of their original equipment is still held onto by our family. I believe the company is owned by Shakespeare today.
I fish Lake Erie and some inland lakes around here for walleye. Trolling usually puts most of the fish in the boat, but it doesnt beat jigging/casting for them. I have 8 Shimano Tekota 500LC reels i use for trolling, which is kind of what led me here as i was looking for breakdown and greasing/oiling info.
I love Shimano reels. They never cease to impress me. I have a Stradic 1000FH and a Stradic 2500 Ci4 as well. I have a couple Sedona 500 that i use for ice fishing.
This is a great site, and im glad to be a part of it. Look forward to meeting you guys!

Bryan Young

Welcome Brandon. Wow, very interesting family background. Would love to see those collections held by the family. There are surely treasures in all realms, ESP segmental treasures knowing that your great great grand dad made it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cone

Welcome. Thats a great family legacy. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

kamuwela

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Brandon. Pflueger made some great reels. My first surf casting reel was a Pflueger Sea King bought new back in the 50's.

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

Welcome Brandon, nice to have you here.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

seaeagle2

When I was a kid growing up in the 70's a  Pflueger Medalist was The  fly reel to have, but I could never afford one.  My son is going to college in Canton.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

gone fishin

Welcome, Brandon, you have a great legacy!

Dominick

Welcome Brandon.  As an aside tell me how to pronounce pflueger ;D  dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

welcome!  is there anyone that has a complete inventory of your reels?  that would really be something to see!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...