international 50T - written by kamu !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by alantani, December 08, 2009, 11:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamuwela

sal thanks for the great words i appreciate it more then i can say. alan deserves all the credit for helping me get started and a better repair person. anytime your here let me know ill take you out on my boat
                                                                        aloha
                                                                         kamu

erikpowell

Bula KamuSan, Alan, Bryan,et all.... Got a 50TW here I've replaced a stripped gear stud & handle nut on last year.. I've noticed now that the handle/stud assembly has about 1/16-1/8" of play, in & out. Almost seems like it could use a shim or washer, or longer SpacingSleeve (key 9) like they offer for the jigmaster & senator reels. Is this a worry or is it ok to leave the play in there? Mahalo!

kamuwela

add a shim im sure roy's or hanapaa has some. part# 154-50.

erikpowell

Vinaka Kamu!! 
Next question for the Board....
Dumb question of the day:
International II  50 SW  2speed ......  How does the low gear work on these reels?
Got two here to service that work fine, except One is stuck in Low, the other stuck in High
There is only the single round button to push, no twist or button to release it.... is it a push to engage & a 2nd push to disengage?
???
Many thanks
erik

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gaujo

I believe this is a penn international 50, the 50T has the one piece frame unless I am mistaken.  Thanks for the great write up Kamu.
Nothing but friends & fins on alantani.com

kamuwela

Gaujo

Speaking of which, if one has a 50 can they swap in a 50T frame?
Nothing but friends & fins on alantani.com

alantani

i believe the location of the screws is different.

GT

I will service this reel soon.

I do not quite understand what does this sentence mean: "belleville washer () () Stock configuration changed to: ((())".

Couldn't find this part on the schematics.

Thanks L.

kamuwela

they are called spring washers and they go on the pinion gear. the washers are cupped and look simular to this   ( the factory setting is ()() ill call this in out in out you can get a higher drag but it will also ramp up much faster by facing the washers all one way (((( or the happy medium (()))

GT

Thanks a lot, now I got it.

I serviced the reel yesterday and I noticed that it has no carbon fibre drag washer, but instead a washer of the same material of the old senator washers. Obviously I did not grease that kind of drag washer.

Do you think it is advisable to upgrade it to a dura-drag?

alantani

p-deverett

Alan looking at the mysticparts website is this part no 117DN-50 for $34.90 or are their other parts that need to upgraded as well?

Peter

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"